Ortega Double-Neck

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Wow - I've not seen one of these in person. I guess it allows one maximum flexibility. Do you use yours often?

A woman brought one of these Ortega double-necks to the jam last night. She was a new player, though, so she stayed on the 4-string neck. It was smaller than I had imagined, and I like the one I made better (naturally). :) Amazon lists the size as 3 x 3 x 3. It's a lot bigger in person. 😁
I have the bass/tenor version, sold under a different brand name. It's the same body. The upper bout is 11", and the lower bout is 13.5". That's the same dimensions as a classical guitar's body. It's very comfortable to play either neck while seated. I like it.

I have had some double neck cocobolo wood-solid ukes made for me, only one more left for sale, I will keep one that is left. bottom bout 12", MY DESIGN, my choice of wood figure. Tenor/concert necks, heads are not far apart like Ortega. Maybe 7" between the nuts.
Email for photo of the one I want to sell, both necks are 4 string, I play with high g on concert, low G on tenor, fun to play . somehow my photo file is too large to drop here, perep@aol.com

where are these sold?
This is an experimental one and is not for sale as it requires some tweaking when played and the pick up system is not to my liking. There will be a next version of this some time? I will post a series of assembly, process, and musings. At 80 I'm not able to make any production runs at all, so it will be one and done. I hope some one wants to use this concept, it would warm my fret board.

I love the idea of a new player going for the double neck before a single

Top Bottom