NGD: Fender Player Series Lead II. It's Groovy, Baby!

Mercury59

Reaction score
I've been on the prowl to replace my 2012 Mexican Fender Stratocaster, which I sold recently, because I couldn't ever bond with it, after many years of trying. Neither looks wise (candy-apple red, *ick), nor tonally - the ceramic pickups always sounded muddy to me. 🫤 That's when I came across this little fella, a Fender Lead II reissue at a terrific run-out price, from a local dealer. It's like a small-bodied Strat (90% the size), with slightly smaller horns, and sports an out-of-phase feature, when both pickups are employed. Sounds positively psychedelic. The all-black colour scheme is also killer. The thing is a delight to play, it's neck being as smooth as butter - scale length is a standard 25.5". The smaller body, pickup options, and overall playability, make it the perfect shredder's guitar! 🏆 Needless to say, I'm stoked. 😁

Lead II Black Sideways.jpeg

That looks sweet. Enjoy. Have to say I loved my MIM Strat to bits. I have a US one I also love, but I’m bonding closely with my MIM Tele for the time being.

I always thought the Lead had only one humbucker at the bridge?

I love my '94 MiM strat!

I always thought the Lead had only one humbucker at the bridge?

I love my '94 MiM strat!
In the original series released in 1979, there was also a Fender Lead 1, single humbucker version, in the line up. The reissues only feature dual single coil (Lead II), and dual humbucker (Lead III) models.

I like the aesthetic of that one!

Top Bottom