NGD - Cordoba C5 classical guitar

SeemingMusic

Reaction score
Hello lovely people! Since I was playing transcriptions of so guitar pieces on the uke, I thought I'll learn the original instrument. I can take lessons starting from next week. Since I was self taught in ukulele, I figured it would be good to learn "proper" technique as it will translate into uke playing later. (Tremolo ... Am I right? 😂)

I picked up this near brand new Cordoba C5 for equivalent $75usd. A mother with a very disinterested daughter sold it to me. I think it's a bargain and will last me a while!

Let's hope I don't abandon the uke!PXL_20230510_144453439.jpg

Yeah definitely a good pick up! I think it didn't sell because the mother didn't know what model or brand it was, listing it as "classical guitar" only. I zoomed into the label and demanded to see it immediately. Can't believe the offering was there for almost three months with no takers.

The solid cedar top was attractive to me! Not to mention this thing has a truss rod! It's a lot of guitar for the price point!

That’s a great buy. I have a cordoba requinto and a C5 with a cutaway. I think they sound pretty good for their price.

That's the score of a life time, congratulations on an excellent instrument. I have two Cordoba nylon string guitars and they are wonderful.

If you want to have some fun right away play your ukulele pieces on it using just the first 4 strings. It will be a big baritone ukulele and sound bold and resonant

That's the score of a life time, congratulations on an excellent instrument. I have two Cordoba nylon string guitars and they are wonderful.

If you want to have some fun right away play your ukulele pieces on it using just the first 4 strings. It will be a big baritone ukulele and sound bold and resonant
I did...Sounds amazing! It's really hard to do my usual stretches... haha frets are so far apart compared to a tenor uke! I can't span 5 frets in lower registers anymore. 😝

It's interesting that I feel it's easier to play than my uke, might be the nylon strings instead of flurocarbon... might be the lower action. Need to experiment. Loving it. I think I won't have GAS, seems enough for now.

Incredible find!

How is your progress going?

I am not that talented, so I wouldn't say my progress is stellar, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the process and journey!! I practice 30-40min. first thing in the morning and again 30-40 min. in the evening for work days, maybe 2-3 hrs on weekends. I find myself thinking about practice at work.

Working through the Christopher Parkening Method with my teacher and am about halfway through now. Should be playing Carcassi's Prelude in A Minor tonight for my lesson!

1689652717541.png

Having a teacher really helps. I feel reassured I'm going at the pace I need to be going and feeling less rushed. I seem to be more focused in long term learning. I realized I picked up a few bad habits when self-learning the uke which were easy to correct. Also started to shape my fingernails! :LOL:

That’s a great practice regimen! Glad you are enjoying the process.

I’m going the no nails route.

Keep up the great work, and maybe post a video of your playing sometime!

Top Bottom