My Ukulele Progress - The Prettiest Flowers [Will Be Blooming]

Oldscruggsfan

Reaction score
A Southern gospel tune from my childhood. I've transposed to F with the intent of singing along, but am posting on UU for future reference.

Written in 1946 by Albert Brumley and included in every Baptist hymn book I've ever thumbed through. My cousin Mary sings this tune angelically and does the same on the piano. The same can not be said of me and either my gCEA DIY uke or the library-borrowed Donner DUS-1 that I keep on hand to work in a few minutes of practice time during lunch breaks.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
A Southern gospel tune from my childhood. I've transposed to F with the intent of singing along, but am posting on UU for future reference.

Written in 1946 by Albert Brumley and included in every Baptist hymn book I've ever thumbed through. My cousin Mary sings this tune angelically and does the same on the piano. The same can not be said of me and either my gCEA DIY uke or the library-borrowed Donner DUS-1 that I keep on hand to work in a few minutes of practice time during lunch breaks.
Enjoy!

I can picture a gospel tent, lit up on a summer’s night in a grassy meadow, with voices floating on the evening breeze. Nice, Clark.

Top Bottom