Looks like Eastman ukes are back

Uke with Smitty

Reaction score
If you look on Eastman’s website, they have new ukulele models listed again. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_more

They haven’t made ukes in several years, but I used to own an EU3C (concert) and holy smokes that thing punched WAY above its weight class for the price.

Side note: Besides uke I also play mandolin and have discovered that Eastman mandolins are the absolute best in the intermediate range. You have to pay $2500 or more to get better than an Eastman mandolin. They’re also known to make some really good guitars for the price- particularly jazz guitars.

Back to ukes, the old models used to be all mahogany but I’m noticing the tops of some of the new series are Sitka spruce and some have Ovangkol sides. They also used to be really thick nitrocellulose gloss finish and it looks like the new models are all satin.

I’d be interested to try one out and see how they stack up to the old ones that were some of the best intermediate priced ukes I’ve ever played.

If you look on Eastman’s website, they have new ukulele models listed again. https://www.eastmanguitars.com/acoustic_more

They haven’t made ukes in several years, but I used to own an EU3C (concert) and holy smokes that thing punched WAY above its weight class for the price.

Side note: Besides uke I also play mandolin and have discovered that Eastman mandolins are the absolute best in the intermediate range. You have to pay $2500 or more to get better than an Eastman mandolin. They’re also known to make some really good guitars for the price- particularly jazz guitars.

Back to ukes, the old models used to be all mahogany but I’m noticing the tops of some of the new series are Sitka spruce and some have Ovangkol sides. They also used to be really thick nitrocellulose gloss finish and it looks like the new models are all satin.

I’d be interested to try one out and see how they stack up to the old ones that were some of the best intermediate priced ukes I’ve ever played.
Hi there, it seems there are three models to come in soprano, concert and tenor sizes. I wrote to Eastman and they will have the two models mentioned and the EU3 which will be the same specs as the EU2 all solid mahagony with the EU3 being gloss finished. They expect the first batch in end of may / early june.

I’m interested in one of these as the Ukulele I just started to play is a 29 EUR Mahalo which I had laying around. I’m hooked and it would be nice to have an instrument that sounds and plays better.

Anyone with an Eastman Ukulele can compare it to a Millar TM 260? The no frills satin one.

Hi there, it seems there are three models to come in soprano, concert and tenor sizes. I wrote to Eastman and they will have the two models mentioned and the EU3 which will be the same specs as the EU2 all solid mahagony with the EU3 being gloss finished. They expect the first batch in end of may / early june.

I’m interested in one of these as the Ukulele I just started to play is a 29 EUR Mahalo which I had laying around. I’m hooked and it would be nice to have an instrument that sounds and plays better.

Anyone with an Eastman Ukulele can compare it to a Millar TM 260? The no frills satin one.
I used to have an Eastman and they make great instruments. Check these 2 videos out to give you an idea:

For the mahogany tenor model, it looks like the only big difference is the finish is satin now instead of nitrocellulose and the binding is slightly different.
Baz reviewed the EU3T which seems to be a step up in finish from the EU2T on the website. The EU3T had different fret markers and a hard case, but was more expensive too.

That's a welcome surprise. With a glowing review from @bazmaz, I hope they stick with their commitment to fine quality instruments. As a current baritone fan I'd like to see a bari from these folks in that rich orangey red mahogany finish

I've got an Eastman mandolin that is top drawer for the price.

I had one of their PCH guitars. Although the fit 'n finish was great, the sound was, well, what a sub $500 guitar usually sounds like...

Baz reviewed the EU3T which seems to be a step up in finish from the EU2T on the website. The EU3T had different fret markers and a hard case, but was more expensive too.
Yep - same with the soprano I looked at. These reboots seem to be slightly lesser finish and without the extras. Still the prices are far lower and if the quality is still good.

I'm intrigued!

Anyone try out the EU1 models? The tenor:
  • Body Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
  • Body Back/Sides: Solid Ovankol
  • Body Finish: Truetone Satin
and it sells for $239. It looks nice and that's a pretty good price.
I wonder how much different it is from the EU3 models.

I would love to get one of these, although as mentioned above, it looks like they aren’t available yet.
HOWEVER, just a heads up. There seems to be an unusual listing on Reverb. Lots of red flags.
IMG_6850.jpeg

This is the picture shown and this is the description.

IMG_6851.jpeg

I don’t think that’s a spruce top ukulele in the illustration. And I wonder about the statement that the EU1s are mislabeled.
I suppose it could happen, but they have the same notice on all of their three listing for soprano, concert and tenor.

I would love to get one of these, although as mentioned above, it looks like they aren’t available yet.
HOWEVER, just a heads up. There seems to be an unusual listing on Reverb. Lots of red flags.
View attachment 169575

View attachment 169576

I don’t think that’s a spruce top ukulele in the illustration. And I wonder about the statement that the EU1s are mislabeled.
I suppose it could happen, but they have the same notice on all of their three listing for soprano, concert and tenor.
Eh, 1 27/64th??

I own an Eastman mandolin, a 2005 MD605. I am very happy with it and so are the others who have tried it.
MD605 - 2005.jpg

My son owns an MD515 and loves it.
Clay's Eastman MD515.jpg

My brother is very happy with his Eastman E20D guitar.
gary's guitar.jpg

I'd love to own an Eastman ukulele. I like the looks of the EU2-T.

View attachment 169575

View attachment 169576

On a German music store they list the ukuleles right. The EUT-3 is supposed to be available in 8-9 weeks, the other models are listed as not available yet.

My fiddle- playing son (similar to the post by Brother Jim) owns an Eastman MD515 mandolin, a great instrument for an affordable price. Same son intended to purchase a Martin D28 (etc) guitar about a decade ago but went with a Seagull instead and has never regretted it. I love the narrow, spartan headstock on that Seagull.
Just another example of an instrument brand that punches far above its weight class.

Last edited:
Top Bottom