Looking for information on Fender Custom Fourcaster

Evilcj5

Reaction score
Hello. Im looking for information/background on a Fender Custom Fourcaster. Is this a custom project? When were they made? Price originally? Anyone else have one? Thanks for your time.
Fender.jpg

Can't say I know much but looking at the headstock it looks like a regular Fender neck and head. See the two empty holes. I don't think Fender would make a tenor strat with a couple of holes in the head?

You can see in this Reverb add that Fender made a tenor telecaster.

I'd wager that the guitar you posted is a one off custom by someone.

Funny, the head does look like it has 2 empty holes in the pic but its just a marking where the tuner holes should be on a guitar. Thanks for the info.

Soares'y guitars converted 6-string guitars to 4-string "tenor" guitars. His family made the necks. I had one once, custom-ordered about 20 years ago. It was converted from a Douglas Tele copy. He modified the pickups and molded the surround. Using the same material he molded spacers on the sides of the neck to fit the pocket. It's pictured with a 'Red Stripe' Bandit. It was fun, but the scale was too long a reach for my purposes.

Attachments

• Soares'y Texas Tenor - 22.5 Scale.JPG
    Soares'y Texas Tenor - 22.5 Scale.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I would imagine this is a custom job. I did some googling and can't find any mention of even an electric tenor guitar made by Fender except the alternate reality tele already mentioned. The bridge plate looks like a six string plate that they removed two saddles from. What does it say on the front and back of the headstock?

Looking at the pickups and such, it sure looks like the real deal to me…

If Fender ever made a factory-produced Tenor Strat, I would have one. I have a Fender Tenor Tele, and it's great, but this certainly looks like a six-string that's been modified, though not by Fender. I wonder what the scale length is on this?

The Tenor Tele is scaled down from a regular Tele, including scale length, body and neck size This Strat looks like it started its life as a six-string Strat (set up for 6 strings, not 4)..

That being said, I think Fender really missed an opportunity by not following up on the Tenor Tele with a Tenor Strat. But take heart! You can still get a four string Strat in either baritone or tenor uke scale from Fanner Guitar Works. Thanks!

The writing under the Fender logo looks different than I've seen. Of course it is too hard to see from that perspective. Please take a close-up.

When I ordered mine, Soares’y took a body and replaced the stock neck. He then modified stock pickups to accommodate 4 strings. The neck his family made had string spacing like a banjo neck but with only 4 strings. It really worked well. I just couldn't reach 5ths on that scale, so sold it. That was about the time I moved on to ukulele

Top Bottom