Closed Like your own posts

Mike $

Reaction score
Did you ever see a post in another forum that no one likes and everyone ignores, except the jerk who liked his own post? I could be that jerk!!! I am an extremely clever and hilarious person...it's not my fault everyone else is too dim to realize it. Please allow us to like our own awesome posts.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Regarding those unhappy and angry reactions, I’ve always been under the impression that they would mostly be used in support of the post.

If I posted about a terrible online ukulele related experience, I would hope for it not to elicit a bunch of thumbs up and LOL reactions. A bunch of sad and angry reactions in support of me are what I’d expect to see.

Regarding those unhappy and angry reactions, I’ve always been under the impression that they would mostly be used in support of the post.

That was certainly why it was my default inclination to leave them where they are!

On reflection, the ability to see who all the reactions are from addresses the issue I mentioned, so "as is" works well thanks. 😀

I've always thought that accountability was one of the keys to community, that if you knew that people could see who you are, you'd naturally moderate yourself a bit. Be a little calmer. Most people want to be liked at least a little, right?

My previous forum gig was in the tech world, where tempers tend to run just below boiling on a good day, of which there are precious few. This was especially true in a support forum like ours, where people were most likely to show up on their worst days. So we instituted a real names-only policy. It worked for a while, since these highly visible people were hating that their online tantrums were as visible as their artistic pinnacles when prospective employers looked them up. They decided to have fewer tantrums, no matter how bad their days got.

Then along came Facebook, where people can make their entire online identity a tantrum, with making other people have bad days as the goal. :ROFLMAO: Oh well. Still, outside Facebook, accountability works. :)

So, as always, I'm happy to follow the lead of you good people. We'll leave things as they are, and reconsider only if the reactions are misused or abused down the road.

Good cheer and all that to you all,
Tiny Tim

(I was making a reference to Dickens' A Christmas Carol with that "Tiny Tim", but it suddenly put me in mind of this photo of THE Tiny Tim in sequins for a local LA TV institution, Hollywood Palace, looking very festive indeed!)

1703530568901.png

(I was making a reference to Dickens' A Christmas Carol with that "Tiny Tim", but it suddenly put me in mind of this photo of THE Tiny Tim in sequins for a local LA TV institution, Hollywood Palace, looking very festive indeed!)

View attachment 163201

Great photo! I'd love to know what year it's from? There is a monochrome image of Tiny Tim being introduced to Princess Margaret in 1969 as David Bowie, who would have been 77 on January 8, looks on, much further down the queue of celebrities waiting to meet her, but I have a theory that Bowie was secretly fascinated by Tiny Tim, who may have served as Bowie's introduction to Biff Rose, as both artists covered Fill Your Heart, but maybe that even extended to Bowie's dress sense, who was still very much a hippy at the time!

There is no evidence to suggest that Bowie was ever a ukulelist but he plays this 4-string Chinese banjo in a BBC TV production of Brecht's play, Baal which appears to have been professionally converted as an otherwise identical, but unconverted version sold at auction 6 years ago!

Attachments

• 40281abf19b035526134531ff2bafe8c--superstar-david-bowie.jpg
    40281abf19b035526134531ff2bafe8c--superstar-david-bowie.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Great photo! I'd love to know what year it's from? There is a monochrome image of Tiny Tim being introduced to Princess Margaret in 1969 as David Bowie, who would have been 77 on January 8, looks on, much further down the queue of celebrities waiting to meet her, but I have a theory that Bowie was secretly fascinated by Tiny Tim, who may have served as Bowie's introduction to Biff Rose, as both artists covered Fill Your Heart, but maybe that even extended to Bowie's dress sense, who was still very much a hippy at the time!

There is no evidence to suggest that Bowie was ever a ukulelist but he plays this 4-string Chinese banjo in a BBC TV production of Brecht's play, Baal which appears to have been professionally converted as an otherwise identical, but unconverted version sold at auction 6 years ago!
Could I ever be more wrong! David wrote the chords for "Lust for Life" on ukulele, as narrated here by Iggy! Contains language some people will find offensive, but hey, it's Iggy!

Top Bottom