Closed Like your own posts

Mike $

Reaction score
Did you ever see a post in another forum that no one likes and everyone ignores, except the jerk who liked his own post? I could be that jerk!!! I am an extremely clever and hilarious person...it's not my fault everyone else is too dim to realize it. Please allow us to like our own awesome posts.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like my own posts on other platforms -- what can I say? My stuff is awesome :ROFLMAO: -- but I don't know if it can be done here or not. I've certainly never done anything to turn it off.

I'll let you know what I find!

Did you ever see a post in another forum that no one likes and everyone ignores, except the jerk who liked his own post? I could be that jerk!!! I am an extremely clever and hilarious person...it's not my fault everyone else is too dim to realize it. Please allow us to like our own awesome posts.
You are an extremely clever and hilarious person!

I think that seeing as someone can respond to a post with an angry emoticon, it's important for the author to be able to counter it with a cheerful one.

Or, to put it another way, if you aren't going to permit the OP to like their own post, then please remove all of the negative responses allowed.

Or, to put it another way, if you aren't going to permit the OP to like their own post, then please remove all of the negative responses allowed.

It's not me personally or UU. This is baked into our forum architecture, and would take more money than any of us has to rebuild it....

...but if you folks would like me to remove the unhappy and angry reactions (under the Like button), then I certainly can.

(Note that emojis are supplied by your OS, and we of course can't edit those! Our set is otherwise standard for those folks whose keyboards don't support them.)

What's there in reactions now is the default set, but I can indeed edit it. My own inclination is certainly to remove them, and stick with more generally affirmations reactions, so lemme know if you feel the same, and I'll do it today 🙂

who are these so-called third parties, and can't we be a third party? (y)

There was a typo in my reply, since corrected, that NO third parties have enabled it

I always check, because there are plenty of features that every host application (say, Photoshop or Chrome) decides not to offer that some enterprising developer or hobbyist refuses to live without, and they find a way to add it in. We have quite a few features of that nature implemented here, and will be adding more.

That said, there are sometimes limits that you can only code around with custom development, if at all, and the ability to like one's own posts here is an example.

I'm not at all shy about liking my own content elsewhere, and do even when it's publicly noted who's doing the liking, as well as at YT where it's stealthier, so I swear it's not that I think it's a bad idea. I really do do it a lot, but I've seen conversations about this going back for 10 years in the Dev community for our platform, and I'm confident it's never happening...

...so you'll all tell me what to do about the that last two reactions in the list, and I'll deal with them accordingly. 🙂

...so you'll all tell me what to do about the that last two reactions in the list, and I'll deal with them accordingly. 🙂
I don't think anyone is abusing those 😥 and 😡 reactions, I vote we keep them around, because there are definitely posts where someone is making a comment, and I am agreeing with their comment, or commiserating with their comment, when I use those reactions. There are definitely situations/comments that are not all happy smiley thumbs up kind of reaction worthy comments. I prefer to have a couple of options where I can agree in a negative manner, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom