Latest Medical Update

I told my two brothers that they need to get this exam again last night. My older brother is not thrilled about it, but he knows it is past due in his case.

IT's Mr. Pippin that is on the mend. Mrs. Pippin is in the kitchen at the moment baking snowflake patterned shortbread cookies. My wife is fantastic in the kitchen. :)

Oh! Glad your on the mend! Now if you could somehow email me some cookies :)

Glad you're alert for your brothers. There's nothing quite so good for a prognosis as early detection. It makes the doctors' jobs sooo much easier.

If I could wish all UUers one thing for 2011 it would be good health. Unfortunately wishes rarely come true by themselves, it's our actions and those of others that make them come true. Be alert, be vigilant with your health my friends, have the recommended check-ups and see to those things that do come up, as early as you can.

Remember that our bodies need respect. We do things to ourselves that help to make us sick like smoking, taking on too much stress and carrying too much weight. If we can reduce those risk areas a little bit, we can increase the chances we will come through 2011 in good health.

Thank you Pippin for sharing your experience and making everyone aware that we need to take care, and that if we do we can turn a health scare into a good news story.

Bruce in Adelaide, cancer free for 9 years and counting, and living to love the uke.

Glad you're alert for your brothers. There's nothing quite so good for a prognosis as early detection. It makes the doctors' jobs sooo much easier.

If I could wish all UUers one thing for 2011 it would be good health. Unfortunately wishes rarely come true by themselves, it's our actions and those of others that make them come true. Be alert, be vigilant with your health my friends, have the recommended check-ups and see to those things that do come up, as early as you can.

Remember that our bodies need respect. We do things to ourselves that help to make us sick like smoking, taking on too much stress and carrying too much weight. If we can reduce those risk areas a little bit, we can increase the chances we will come through 2011 in good health.

Thank you Pippin for sharing your experience and making everyone aware that we need to take care, and that if we do we can turn a health scare into a good news story.

Bruce in Adelaide, cancer free for 9 years and counting, and living to love the uke.

Bruce, Blessings to you and yours. I look forward to nine years and many more. Maybe we can trade success stories when we have both lived another fifty years.

Although it sucks that the tumor was cancerous, it's great news that your surgeon got it all out and you don't need radiation or chemotherapy. It's also great that it was caught when it was. Good for you for being vigilant after you noticed bleeding. My dad's doctor found a precancerous growth in my dad's bladder while doing a test for something unrelated, and like you, he had it removed and now only needs to have regular checkups to make sure nothing returns. So far so good, but he knows that in his case, catching the thing before it could do serious damage was either dumb luck or divine grace. Anyway, it was great to hear your "all clean" news. Best wishes for many years of good health.

I'm glad that you and the rest of the Pippin family are recovering from the ordea.... hey, cookies!

Your kitchen is now filled with UUers wandering in, and taking cookies. Mrs. Pippin coulda sworn she baked more than one. ;)

Top Bottom