Price
$650 US/$875 Can.
Shipping
Actual shipping cost + 4% for PayPal international
Size
Soprano

Quad57

Reaction score
Up for sale is a single-owner Kiwaya KTS-6 soprano ukulele in excellent-plus condition. Solid mahogany top, back, sides and neck with rosewood bridge and fretboard, bone nut and saddle and Gotoh friction tuners. Beautiful satin finish, triple bound top, seven-band rosette, single bound back. Apart from one small left-side ding (see photos), acquired while still in the store from which I bought the instrument, the uke shows virtually no sign of use. Comes with a good quality hardshell case.

Hand made in Japan, this is a professional grade instrument, based closely on a vintage Martin Style 2 but with better playability and a few design improvements. Materials, fit and finish are all first rate. Ultralight, beautifully balanced with light action and an extraordinarily comfortable, low profile neck. Rich, resonant tone, perfect intonation and exceptional volume and sustain. 13’5/8” scale, seventeen frets. 36 mm. nut, 30 mm. string spacing.

My landed cost for this instrument was more than $1250 Canadian ($930 U.S. ). I’m left-handed and don’t play soprano enough to to make it worthwhile having a new, left-handed compensated saddle made, so I’m putting it up for sale. I’ve owned many quality ukuleles, including Kamaka, Martin, Mya-Moe and Kanile`a, among others. For a combination of sound, playability and build quality, none has beaten this instrument. You won’t find a better soprano at this price — it’s a gem. Feel free to contact me for more information or shipping cost. For Canadian buyers, payment by e-transfer is preferred; for international buyers, payment method to be negotiated. Because of the excessive fee charged by PayPal for cross-border transactions, there will be a small premium for PayPal purchases outside of Canada.

I pack with obsessive care and can usually have items in the mail within 24 hours of payment clearing. Shipment by Canada Post/USPS.

View attachment 165699IMG_0908.JPGIMG_0909.JPGIMG_0911.JPGIMG_0933.JPGIMG_0940.JPGIMG_0941.JPGIMG_1003.JPGIMG_0946.JPGIMG_0956.JPGIMG_0964.JPGIMG_1077.JPGIMG_1081.JPGIMG_3264.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Yes, it's really a beautiful instrument, and the photos don't do justice to the quality of workmanship and finish detail. If you haven't seen the Got a Ukulele review of a Kiwaya soprano (a KTS-7, I think it was), he talks about how much better these Japanese copies of vintage Martins are than the current Martin versions. I have a late '50s-early '60s Martin soprano.The Kiwaya sounds every bit as good, and as I say in the ad, it's much more playable. Instruments come and go, but I'll be sorry to say goodbye to this one.

Sale pending. Please see my other ad for a Kamaka HP-1 pineapple soprano.

Well, I am the fortunate new caretaker of this fabulous Kiwaya. Like Quad57 posted, it is more beautiful than the pics show. Thanks to Quad57 for a great deal, and let me emphasize, he is trustworthy. He shipped the uke before he received my check. Infact I received the uke before he received payment. Thanks Quad57!

You're welcome, Weeping Ukulele. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I'm glad the Kiwaya ended up with such an appreciative owner. Enjoy!

Top Bottom