Kala Revelator - Pictures to Follow

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I never had much interest in the Revelator, although the reviews are all very positive. When my friend Foggy Otis posted his unboxing and playing, I decided to get one. I went directly to the Kala site and selected the base model ($1,399) with a Korina body. It just arrived. (For some reason, "Korina" likes to be capitalized.)

It looks and sounds much better than it does online. It feels nice, too. Sustain? Yes, it has sustain. I counted up to twenty before I could no longer hear it.

For comparison, my son has a key locator tag on his car keys. It emits a high-pitched sound which I cannot hear. Of course, that's high-pitched, and the revelator is low-pitched. It has wound low-G and low-C strings. I'm going in now to play it.

I’m sure you’re going to love it. I got mine two weeks ago and I’ve been playing it every day. I’m very happy with the string selection they made and I bet you will be too. The Worth Browns and the two wound string really create a mellow rich sound.
Congratulations.

I'll be getting mine in the next few weeks...so excited!!! Right rhiggie?? 😁

I played the Revelator for an hour and a half at our Saturday jam, and it sounds great. It's also very comfortable to play.

Top Bottom