I don't think this is cool at all

Just to pile on, I generally click away from uke like the pros' videos. I have the same aversion to Liberty Mutual ads.

I guess I'm just not "cool."
I HATE Liberty Mutual ads! I keep wanting to call them and say "Hey, I'd like to get insurance for only when I have an accident. I don't need it the rest of the time".
EVERY insurer tailors your policy to your needs!!!

Did you scroll down and see the Corey/TUS demo video? That is my problem and why I brought this back!
Wow. That much for PRE-OWNED??! And unless it’s standard wording, it looks like Terry also copied the written description from TUS too. Wow.

In the spirit of Halloween, I have to bring back this zombie thread.

Talk about not cool at all, check this listing...
Did you’ll realize that there is a recording of the actual uke but that was not the video used instead another custom Pepe uke’s recording was used. So essentially Terry was too lazy to try to find the actual recording and not just too lazy to put in an effort to record the actual instrument in the state it is now and the wording for the uke… he is way overcharging while not even putting in the level of effort folks in this forum did to find the actual listing and the recording from Theukulelesite…

Did you’ll realize that there is a recording of the actual uke but that was not the video used instead another custom Pepe uke’s recording was used. So essentially…
I could not love your post any more. Yours is the post I really wanted to make in the first place!

Every time I think this thread has run it’s course, TC does something else to add more fuel to his self-immolation. There really can’t be anyone out there defending his practices at this point??

Outside of Heather of course…

I could not love your post any more. Yours is the post I really wanted to make in the first place!

Every time I think this thread has run it’s course, TC does something else to add more fuel to his self-immolation. There really can’t be anyone out there defending his practices at this point??

Outside of Heather of course…
There are people who are in the uke business because they like it, and then there are folks who realize they can make a buck off folks who are generally nice, open, friendly and well meaning… after spending enough time in the ukulele verse it becomes very obvious who in which camp… this spans across builders, artists and con artists…

Oooh! But it comes with a free pick!!!!

I have a pick, but the chord chart that’s a real deal closer. I bet someone who’s paying $9000 for a Uke (minus the $3000 discount 🤥🤥🤥) is really struggling with C Major in open position.

I’ll wait until next month. Maybe he’ll throw in a circle of fith’s chart as well 😂😂😂

OK I'm even more gobsmacked. When I first took a quick look at the link, I saw the "$3,000", then I went to TUS link provided later and thought "well, $3,000 isn't a huge discount for a pre-loved ukulele, but I guess if it's in practically mint condition...". I didn't understand the "$3,000 savings" comments. Then I just looked again and saw the actual price.

giphy.gif

What is this guy on?! Is he just hoping that he's dealing with complete Luddites who wouldn't bother doing a bit of price comparison? His SEO can't be that good that he gets all the hits.

OK I'm even more gobsmacked. When I first took a quick look at the link, I saw the "$3,000", then I went to TUS link provided later and thought "well, $3,000 isn't a huge discount for a pre-loved ukulele, but I guess if it's in practically mint condition...". I didn't understand the "$3,000 savings" comments. Then I just looked again and saw the actual price.

giphy.gif

What is this guy on?! Is he just hoping that he's dealing with complete Luddites who wouldn't bother doing a bit of price comparison? His SEO can't be that good that he gets all the hits.

Interesting you mention SEO. I have a SEO company. I’ve been doing it for 15 years. I pride myself on actually giving correct advice/consultancy which ultimately means turning down marketing budgets if it’s not possible to meet the clients expectations.

However, my competitors have 28 call centres (just in the UK) and spend all the day cold calling anyone and everyone to get as much money (marketing budget) out of people they can even when they know they can’t deliver. They are the “Terry” of SEO charging extra for “website setups”, “fast website setups” …

1000% their business model is more profitable than mine. The question is do you want to be a “Terry”.

1000% their business model is more profitable than mine. The question is do you want to be a “Terry”.
Isn't it just? That whole "profits before people". If that's how you want to live your life and don't see any problem with it, I just hope that it'll come out in the wash at some point. I'd rather be a little more poor and a little bit of a better human, thanks. And I'd rather do business with people that give a crap, who are straightforward, even if they charge maybe a little bit more, because they're doing a good job in an honest fashion.

I'll just keep buying my used ukuleles on eBay... Lot's of cool things show up there if you are willing to wait for it!

Five Romero Creations currently listed... none like this one, to be sure... and all 5 are out of my price range... but...

Did you scroll down and see the Corey/TUS demo video? That is my problem and why I brought this back!
Yeah, I was quite surprised that he was using a TUS video with Corey demonstrating how a Romero sounded.

I can't imagine that Andrew would give permission to a competitor to use one of their videos on the ULTP store's website. I'm speculating that perhaps Terry didn't see a copyright on the video so "assumed" that it was public domain and grabbed it?

Anyway, it's a d**k move if he didn't get permission from TUS and Corey. And if he did, he didn't credit them for its use.

BTW, if you look at the other instruments listed, there is a second Romero Uke listed for the same price, and the price is the same for the Romero guitars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom