How do you hang it? Ukulele wall hangers

I really like the String Swing hangers. They're strong, look great, and hold the instrument away from the wall, so no banging and scratching. I keep a couple of ukes out of their cases and hanging for easy access during the warmer months. Once the heater kicks in and the indoor humidity starts to drop, they're all stored in their cases with humidifiers.

View attachment 111500

My inlaws generously gave me a few of these for christmas. Dont remember if it was last christmas or the one before. Unfortunably the walls of our basement music cave are not fit for mounting them, so the ukes are still stored in cases. :-/
Denmark is rather humid all year, so no need for humidifyers.

I use a home-made version of "these guys" and hang it on a cup-hook ... plenty strong enough for a metal-pot banjo (full size) or a bass guitar ... (or a mandolin or a Stratocaster or a dulcimer) ... so no problem with a ukulele :)

YMMV :music:

Only use cases here, and always closed. Where I live, I wouldn't put a naked instrument on any hook or stand or couch, or anywhere out in the open, unless I wanted to be surprised by a lizard or Palmetto bug crawling out of the soundhole!

bratsche

My KoAloha is on a hanger from Toucan Mango. The Moore Bettah ukes are on one my spouse made for me out of solid mahogany to match the turtle themes of both ukuleles. Three guitars are on a Wall Axe and the last is on a wood custom sign from an Etsy store.
C40495B6-98FE-46F1-A1A9-04C86F8BF652.jpg

String Swings...
Wall4.jpg

I love seeing a whole wall of hanging instruments, show em if you got em.

Here's my main wall.

DSC06587.jpg

I have a couple of String Swings, but eventually needed a more economical alternative. So most of mine hang on a DIY version made from a $1 hook from Home Depot.

DSC06588.jpg
DSC06589.jpg

Depending on the location I will use various wood types for the backing block. A very easy to make and inexpensive solution.

I have String Swings but I like to "customize" them with wood that I have. There are ukes in various places in my home so that whenever I have a spontaneous music moment there's always one nearby.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpg
    IMG_2190.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2191.jpg
    IMG_2191.jpg