Happy Spam Musubi Day!

Spam musubi coin purse. Made by a small team of women in Kihei, Maui.

A traditional Japanese onigiri or omusubi is formed by hand into a triangular shape similar to the KoAloha sound hole.

The Spam musubi is shaped to the slice of Spam, so you need a Spam shaped mold.
That is true, but now practically everyone who is not familiar with a traditional onigiri is now really confused about why the Koaloha "musubi" sound hole does not look like the spam musubi mold that he also invented.

A traditional Japanese onigiri or omusubi is formed by hand into a triangular shape similar to the KoAloha sound hole.

The Spam musubi is shaped to the slice of Spam, so you need a Spam shaped mold.
I like to use an empty spam can for my musubi mold.

Ever played a canjo?

PS: Other delights at the Spam museum gift shop include a GLORIOUS Spam lunchbox, Spam-flavored macadamia nuts, and (I’m serious) a hanging Spam “air freshener.”

Last edited:
A new musubi place opened in our town a couple of months ago. The most expensive thing on the menu? - wild salmon? - no. Crab? - not. Tuna? - unh, unh. It's the SPAM.

2023-10-02~2.jpg

Walmart carries vegetarian spam. Maybe by next August I'll get it all together and make me some Spam Musubi.

Omnifoods-Pork-Plant-Based-Packaged-Appetizer-Luncheon-Meal-7-05-oz-5-Count-Frozen_2d6ad4e0-8aa4-4b54-a8b8-572fc0c44c64.1ba92014bab19807ef7c72b886aace1b.jpeg

If anyone is interested, January 11 is saimin day.

is that for 2?
Yeah, probably so. Their banner on the opposite side of the kiosk explains they offer everything in three sizes, so what I pointed out is likely not apples to apples. Just thought it was amusing.

I haven't tried the place out yet but will start with the spam when I do. Goes along with my New Year's resolution to eat more Cheetos.

Top Bottom