Good resources *or* performers of flamenco ukulele?

I'd love to hear that flamenco music without all the blaring godawful clapping and castinets...or at least have them turned way down in the mix.

Taking “godawful clapping” out of flamenco would be like “improving” rock and roll by taking out godawful drumming, country music by taking out godawful boom chuk, symphony by taking out godawful weepy violins, and ukuleles by taking out godawful reentrant tunings.

yes and no. I am certainly being facetious but I do wonder how those performers do play with all those puffy shirts. If I wear a long sleeve shirt I have to roll up my right sleeve to avoid muting my strings.

It’s a learnable skill. In our neck of the woods we wear long sleeves for ten months each year and puffy winter coats for four months without muting strings.

I just wanted to provide some clarification about "flamenco" and the widespread misuse of the term
Thank you. I've only ever seen flamenco live once and it was breathtaking, astonishing, incredible. So much emotion and beauty in that music and dance.

Last edited:
I saw flamenco this year in Barcelona at the Palace of Catalonian Music. I did appreciate Flamenco but the percussive side of things/clapping was lost on me compared to the instrumental side as well.

Gosh I LOVE the percussive aspect. That with the percussion of the shoes and the flourishing of the skirts oh it's all fabulous! But then, I did take tap dancing and West African Drumming ... So ...

Top Bottom