Gone fretless ..Big time

Timbuck

Reaction score
I always wanted one of these "Boys Toys" ;)
It wasn't expensive ... I had to file the nut a bit and take about a quarter of an inch off the bridge to get it set up right and now all I have to do is get used to it :D

I've never seen a Ukulele that size before. Maybe that's an awfully big chair. Funny looking soundholes as well.
Don't you mean awfully *small* chair? it's really a sopranino in a dollhouse. :p

If I lived nearby Id have a go at that one:).....
This one is a cheap 3/4 bass from China, but it does have a solid spruce top...I've been giving it a good looking over an I recon the fingerboard could do with levelling, so I'll be having a go at that next and It's a Maple fingerboard so it will need re-ebonising after I've done the job...It's funny how we can't leave things alone without trying to improve em init ;)

A cheap Chinese upright always needs a once over when you buy them. But they improve tremendously so it's worth it. Enjoy your new four string. I adore a double bass! As a bass player I should have one, but my house is more suited for ukuleles... Congrats!

I guess this will affect your choice in cars too.....minivans, station wagons (sorry..."estate car") No more minis for you!!

Just done 1/2 hour practice session on the bass and I ended up with my left hand going slowly black with the dye from the ebonised fingerboard :eek: and it shows up any slight cuts or abrasions i've recieved in the last few weeks.

I guess this will affect your choice in cars too.....minivans, station wagons (sorry..."estate car") No more minis for you!!

That ain't necessarily so. I had one that fit nicely into my 1988 Accord (which is slightly smaller than a current Civic). I just leaned the front passenger seat back and set it in the seat with the peghead toward the back. It worked quite nicely.

My only problem with playing a double bass style bass Uke is that the projection pattern is figure 8. It projects really well out the front and out the back; but I'm standing in the dead spot at the side. Everyone could hear what I was playing better than me, and I'm standing next to it!

Nice acquisition! Enjoy.

Top Bottom