Another auction gone awry?

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
I see that the winning bid from the latest TUS auction has the winning bid for the Moore Bettah at $147,500.
Another typo for a winning bid? Or did someone sell their house so they could buy a Moore Bettah?

Crazy! Third time… wonder if it’s a glitch or someone’s strategy.

Added: Appears as if they reopened the auction for another hour. Final bid was $17,725. It shows it as "In Stock"... unclear if this is another indicator of an issue (can you buy it at this price this moment?) or this is just the logistics of contacting the highest bidder to finalize payment and setup.

Last edited:
I hope it was legit and it raised that much money for Maui. Though the last press release I saw said that the auction raised a bit more than $65K.

I wonder if $147,500 would be a record amount ever paid for a ukulele? Maybe Shawn Yacavone would know?

Don't think this one was going towards the Maui fire recovery, and I gotta believe someone added an extra 0 on the end that they didn't mean to (in fact the same bidder had another bid about 5 earlier for $14,750). I was watching at the end and the bidding was fast and furious until this bid came in and it all stopped dead!

I can't even imagine spending 15k on a ukulele with just some pics and a video to go on. If I were in that market (I'm very much not, ha), I would want to play the instrument for an hour AT LEAST.

I see that the winning bid from the latest TUS auction has the winning bid for the Moore Bettah at $147,500.
Another typo for a winning bid? Or did someone sell their house so they could buy a Moore Bettah?

I drove past a Bentley convertible yesterday heading toward Woodstock. That cost $300,000 - $400,000. Lots of people have lots of money.

Top Bottom