FYI VIP's ... VIP Forum is back

WebParrot (s2)

Wisconsin, U.S.A.
UU VIP
Reaction score
Tim (new Mod) has been at it again and has discovered what was needed to turn on the VIP Forum.
Posts/Conversations are back and there appears to be an ad-free environment there.

Nicely done sir-Tim :)

Have the kinks been worked out of the VIP designation? I remember there was a problem such as if you were a VIP it affected accessibility. I was only waiting on that before enrolling as a VIP..

Have the kinks been worked out of the VIP designation? I remember there was a problem such as if you were a VIP it affected accessibility. I was only waiting on that before enrolling as a VIP..
Do you happen to recall specifics? Or know where it was mentioned? Because I've been VIP for a few months, and I was non-VIP a few months before that, and I didn't notice any difference to accessibility to anything.

Sorry, but no. I just remember when UU switched softwares, I saw some comments from the VIP's that something was wrong. If that is a non-issue at this point, then that's cool with me.
Totally fair!!! I just thought I'd check, in case it was a specific I could test :)

Sorry, but no. I just remember when UU switched softwares, I saw some comments from the VIP's that something was wrong. If that is a non-issue at this point, then that's cool with me.

Hi @riprock, you're right, there were issues in the early days of the conversion that were ONLY affecting VIPs, most of which had been addressed before I came on. One persisted: VIPs had previously had the ability to edit their own posts and threads, but couldn't anymore.

My first task was to get the board turned back on. Did that. :) Next task: see what outstanding issues I might be able to address (since I'd started here after the board was broken, and had never seen what people were talking about).

There were quite a few of the most recent threads about not being able to edit posts, so I hopped on that. It looked like I had it licked soon enough, but to be on the safe side, I PM'd everyone on those threads (a dozen or so folks?) and asked them to double-check for me, and I got the all-clear from ALL of them. I also got to meet some mighty cool folks along the way. ☺️

At this point, I'm confident that everything related to permissions for VIPs is working as it should be! The other one is being able to change the little subtitle under your name from "Well-known member" to whatever you want, although please don't use "moderator" or "admin". :)

An ad-free experience will have to wait for a bit longer while I sort out a few back-end things, but I'm honestly not seeing any remaining issues. I'm sure that the folks behind UU will be glad to have you aboard with their thanks for your support! My thanks too!

As always, to anyone who finds issues, please don't hesitate to DM me! I try to watch all the posts and threads that go up, but I'll always see a DM.

Thanks again!
Tim
Mod

Last edited:
Top Bottom