Just an FYI if you’re looking for Flight solid body ukes

Veritas99

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Noticed that the Flight Pathfinders and Centurions are in stock at three well-known US dealers (as of Feb. 2022). Usually dealers have roughly the same prices as one another on the same models. This time, however, one dealer has them priced $200-$300 more than the other two, so I highly recommend you compare prices before buying.

Don't be surprised at who might be making the huge profit margin above MSRP.
Why all this mystery…
Vs.
Flight, 4-String Ukulele (Pathfinder Tenor TBK) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093TTMWXV/
Vs.

Why all this mystery…
Vs.
Flight, 4-String Ukulele (Pathfinder Tenor TBK) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093TTMWXV/
Vs.
Oh c'mon, all his ukes come with their very own name! That's gotta be worth at least a couple hundred extra! 😄

Last edited:
Don't be surprised at who might be making the huge profit margin above MSRP.
Let's see, might the initials start with ULTP? Personally, I'd buy from Uke Republic. The other dealer strikes me as price gouging. Again.

It might be an interesting exercise to email him with the 2 listings and see whether there is an acceptable explanation. Maybe there isn't, I can't think of one. Ive never purchased from his shop. But several people on this board have pointed out customer service interactions with Terry are typically quite pleasant. Anyhow, might be worth the time. I considered doing it myself, but dont really feel as though its my place... I'm not in any position to buy one and, for me, that is usually an email you send when you want to be able to end it with something like, "if you can match their price, I'm happy to purchase it from you instead." Those Flights sure are beautiful. I long for one of the blue ones. But, not my time.

It might be an interesting exercise to email him with the 2 listings and see whether there is an acceptable explanation. Maybe there isn't, I can't think of one. Ive never purchased from his shop. But several people on this board have pointed out customer service interactions with Terry are typically quite pleasant. Anyhow, might be worth the time. I considered doing it myself, but dont really feel as though its my place... I'm not in any position to buy one and, for me, that is usually an email you send when you want to be able to end it with something like, "if you can match their price, I'm happy to purchase it from you instead." Those Flights sure are beautiful. I long for one of the blue ones. But, not my time.
Well, our forum is a good place for "interesting exercises" but I advise NOT emailing him if you are not truly interested in purchasing. He has a business to run, whether I like how he conducts it or not. And anything he says will probably "be used against him in a court of UU forum members".

Well, our forum is a good place for "interesting exercises" but I advise NOT emailing him if you are not truly interested in purchasing. He has a business to run, whether I like how he conducts it or not. And anything he says will probably "be used against him in a court of UU forum members".
Yeah we're in agreement here. I hope I've made that clear. If youre not actually looking to buy, please dont bother guy the bc you read my post. I tried to make clear that I'm not doing it bc I'm not buying. I suppose I didnt make clear that I would hope others have the same courtesy. If you are interested in buying tho, I would encourage it.

With the launch of the new Flight Vanguard and similar pricing over Flight’s MSRP, I decided ask Flight directly about it. I was told that Flight sets a floor price, but dealers can set their own price. In the case of ULTP, they order them air freight directly, which apparently costs a lot more than getting them thru the regular US distributor. They mentioned how the Rock series had been selling out and that if I thought the price was too high, I could pre-order from one of the other US dealers.

So, takeaway is that at least some of the increase may be due to ULTP bringing the ukes in via air freight, but Flight doesn’t care that some dealers are marking things up nearly 2x the list price.

Top Bottom