Ask the person after you a random question

Anything but a diamond, unless it has interesting and visible flaws. Diamonds are boring. I guess a good opal with some red in it is probably my favorite.

What jewelry do you wear regularly? I don't wear any, unless eyeglasses count. I mostly got out of the habit when I was in the Air Force because I worked in maintenance, and we were required to remove rings and watches before working. After I got out, I had a pinky ring wedding band that I wore (I hate regular rings between my fingers). But, I always took it off and fidgeted with it, and I lost it somewhere. Never bothered to replace it.

Just a wedding band.

Favorite month of the Gregorian year?

Well, guess I’ll be the one to answer, then.

All months have something that I like about them, and all months have something to dislike about them, (bad/sad memories, for example.)

Can you predict storms without checking a weather forecast? Aching knee, for example? Or, in my case, a dog who is 100 % reliable in telling me that a storm is on the way. She has already begun clinging to me, so I know it won’t just be light rain tonight.

I can't predict storms without a weather forecast unfortunately (or, fortunately?).

Is Ringo a good drummer?

I think Ringo is okay, but what do I know? Interestingly, I have a friend who is a drummer and swears that Ringo is the worst and most uninspired drummer who ever existed, has bad technique, etc, etc.

Does the daylight savings time change bother you? Never bothers me at all, especially since I've embraced my inner nocturnal self and don't normally get out of bed before 9am. My wife complains endlessly about "springing forward" every time!

My dogs take a week to adjust. They are confused about when to pester me to feed them and when to insist that they need to go out.

I hate changing the clocks but otherwise adjust OK. But I miss the hour that we’re losing tonight. Too much stuff to do to give up an hour!

Do you watch the Academy Awards? I only watch because my mom loves to watch so I watch with her. I’ve only seen one of the movies so I don’t care who wins anything.

Since the latest movies take a while to get here, I watch the awards more for the pageantry and eye candy than for rooting for my favorite movie.

(Gosh I forgot to ask a question)
Ever have a “senior moment “?

Last edited:
For me personally, it would be the last thing on my mind.
For me in a social setting, it would be the first thing asked.

Are there questions without answers?

I encounter questions with no answers daily.

Would it be more fun to start with an answer, and then try to figure out what the question is?

I think that's a lot of science. The answers are all around us, and we've had to determine the questions.

If you were the parent of a teen in today's world, at what age would you allow them to get a tattoo, or a "trendy" piercing? (not just the traditional ear piercing) As a driving instructor, I see a lot of teens, and I'm surprised at the number of 15-16 year old kids I see with tats and various piercings ranging from lips to noses and eyebrows. I know, I'm old, and it's taken me this long to just get used to such things being "mainstream" to where I barely notice them any more. But, it surprises me when I see a kid, particularly a "rich kid" going to a private religious school, with tats and piercings. Am I just a fuddy-duddy? Is this just a case of parents "choosing their battles"?

No idea I don't want kids. I think people also overestimate how much these things are 'mainstream'. I don't know anyone else with piercings. They just seem more common because they stand out more. You don't notice the other 20-30 people who didn't have them.

What's a mild harmless thing that none the less pisses you off?

Pablum in all of it's forms; physical, mental and social.

Are we what we eat?

Ultimately yeah but given how chemicals recombine I'm not sure it's a question worth addressing. I eat cabbage. It doesn't mean I AM cabbage.

What should I joke about instead of poop? Given that a chess coaching company are going to write an article about me for their success stories section it seems a good idea to cut down on toilet humor...

Cabbage.

I’m not sure how to answer “cabbage,” so I’ll just pose the next question:

What is a musician?

Top Bottom