Anyone played a new Oli uke?

All these great videos of great sounding 'Oli ukuleles, and now they're even easier to find on the TUS website. Yikes. My resistance is wavering.

All these great videos of great sounding 'Oli ukuleles, and now they're even easier to find on the TUS website. Yikes. My resistance is wavering.
resistance shmresistance. let the NUD flood gates drown us all!!! 🌊
(any recovering UAS sufferers should feel free to block me. I'm a menace of an enabler😏)

New video from HMS: Sampling Pono & 'Oli Ukulele with Matt Dahlberg & Corey Fujimoto

This is cool. The Oli sounds like it has a little more bass and some cool overtones compared to the Pono Mango MS. Both sound great but I like the Oli better. That Uli looks super cool. I had one of them in the checkout last week, but I really want to curb my UAS. I've been doing really good for the past 12 months. Maybe I could try @ukeclass's UAS home remedy, ;)

I'm curious if Andrew is using a completely different shop for the Oli since both Pono and Oli are made in Indonesia.

Last edited:
Matt Dahlberg, Kalei, and Corey talks and plays three Oli ukes on the latest HMS podcast. Starts at 10:57. It's funny that Matt was shocked at how good Kalei's improv song sounds.

Matt Dahlberg, Kalei, and Corey talks and plays three Oli ukes on the latest HMS podcast. Starts at 10:57. It's funny that Matt was shocked at how good Kalei's improv song sounds.
He must not watch the podcast often enough! 😁 TUS sound samples are SO good!

Speaking of which, I discovered fairly recently that their TUS Clips YT page has dedicated playlists, by builder! Here's one for 'Oli and one for Pono. One could easily throw on a good pair of headphones, sift thru the 114 Pono vids and find nearly any model from Master Series to Pro Classic to what have you and listen for hours, comparing tones and sounds from the lovely playing from the team. I definitely did this with their 56 video Ko'olau playlist. 'Oli already has 41 videos and they're just getting started!

From the podcast, I think it's cool that Andrew mentioned that they're trying to get everything dialed in before they start wider distribution. I can't wait to have 'Oli ukes lining the walls of Dusty Strings, alongside Pono and all the rest of their selection. Sound samples are great, but there's nothing like an in-hand A/B!!

@Contrails @Keith5523 @hands_on_lanzon thanks for listening and the kind words, mahalo nui loa!

Also they may even have more if you call and ask in terms of sizes and availability. The stuff on the website is stuff they have already taken pictures of so you can get the fresh scoop if you call

All the Concerts sold .
There is another up! In fact, if you call you'll probably save the work of having to take the pictures if it's a yet unlisted model, which I'm sure they would appreciate.

I like it even more than the Pono Master Series, which I loved.

👀 Uh oh! I'd just about settled myself into sticking with my PMS as the end of my UAS journey, but the cedar/ebony tenor kicked the door down, and now THIS?!?! Holy cats, Izzie! Yer KILLIN' me! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing your IG vids and those amazing pics! The light shining through the top is INSANE! @AndrewKuker is such a careful observer, and such a creative guy, I'm not surprised that his first try at building his own instruments is so smashing. It's gonna be a while before I can get up to the North Shore to take one for a spin, but by golly, I'm drooling!

Of course, that's close to my resting state anyway, but still. :ROFLMAO:

I hope the concert models will eventually mimic the variety of the tenor and baritone models. I would like a cedar top with a satin finish please! A beautiful inlay would be a bonus. :D

Last edited:
resistance shmresistance. let the NUD flood gates drown us all!!! 🌊
(any recovering UAS sufferers should feel free to block me. I'm a menace of an enabler😏)
This thread is killing me! I feel like I am at an AA meeting with an open bar. After playing my Pono ATD last week, I was thinking about an Acacia concert (ACD?) to back up my Pops concert. Then I found 'Oli and my head is spinning. It seems like I only have to open the door a crack for the will power to leak out and the UAS to flood it. Crack indeed.

Top Bottom