Any news from Reno?

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone give any updates from the Reno/Tahoe Uke Festival?

I couldn't find anything other than the new MP that was purchased there.

got there real early this morning. my kids had a blast running around and meeting other kids on workshops. the good folks at Mya-Moe, Moku, DaSilva, Iriguchi and michael perriera etc.. were there meetin' and greetin'. overall an fanatastic day. sad to have missed the Ono booth and musicguy mike's absence. i'll try to post more pics tomorrow.

View attachment 51785View attachment 51786View attachment 51787View attachment 51788

Ono booth????

Whose is the soprano with the maple fretboard?

Are you showing any ukes there?

Oh ya, cannot believe it is over. Had a lot of fun meeting great players and UUers. Had 15 minutes on the public stage.

got there real early this morning. my kids had a blast running around and meeting other kids on workshops. the good folks at Mya-Moe, Moku, Ohana,DaSilva, Iriguchi and michael perriera etc.. were there meetin' and greetin'. overall an fantastic day. sad to have missed the Ono booth and musicguy mike's absence. i'll try to post more pics tomorrow.

DSC05717.jpgDSC05721.JPGDSC05723.jpgDSC05728.jpgDSC05732.jpg

yep, i was so extremely bummed about the ono booth. a few postcards and handwritten thank you note was all thats left when i got there. i am defionitely going to try to have a booth next year. so many new luthiers on this year's fest.

The show, hosted by Lil Rev was fun. It ran the gamut from old-timely selections from Lil Rev, Dominator with a Jake rendition as well as original material from a friend (Dom sings nicely on top of playing marvelously), bossa nova and originals by CalliRose and Craig Brandeau, jazzy stuff from Fred Sokolow and rollicking fun from Paul Luongo (with accompaniment from dad, Peter, and Char of Mya Moe Ukuleles). The show was fast-paced and diverse.

It was great to talk with so many luthiers on both days. Lots of new guys (and even a gal or two) putting lots of thought into ukulele design and creation. It will be fun to see how these folks grow and what directions they will take. David Iriguchi's ukes continue to push the edge in new ideas and shapes (and every one I played sounded magnificent). Mike of MP Ukuleles displayed a pair of really lightweight tenors with the new slimline headstock design and Gotoh Stealth tuners: clean and sleek. I can really see how he has earned the reputation he has he on this board.

The UU meetup (thank you very much for this Nix) on Saturday was really nice. Gosh, we all have real bodies and faces--not just online personalities. A bit of talk story and some playing together was the order of the meeting. Electrauke is a talented guy (and persuasive--he brought along a young friend who had just started playing the day before, I think).

I opened the case of my ukulele and passed the instrument around to let UU folks play my MooreBettah--and I have pix to prove it. Lots of talented fingers have now added their mojo to this fine instrument!

I offered a free photo booth and took oodles of (silly and definitely memorable) themed photos of attendees (free). I'll share some when I get home and have time to go through them.

The workshops I had time to attend (Peter Luongo's) were info-packed as well as just plain fun.

In short, if you missed this one, you missed out on a weekend of diverse ukulele entertainment.

Last edited:
The show, hosted by Lil Rev was fun. It ran the gamut from old-timely selections from Lil Rev, Dominator with a Jake rendition as well as original material from a friend (Dom sings nicely on top of playing marvelously), bossa nova and originals by CalliRose and Craig Brandeau, jazzy stuff from Fred Sokolow and rollicking fun from Paul Luongo (with accompaniment from dad, Peter, and Char of Mya Moe Ukuleles). The show was fast-paced and diverse.

It was great to talk with so many luthiers on both days. Lots of new guys (and even a gal or two) putting lots of thought into ukulele design and creation. It will be fun to see how these folks grow and what directions they will take. David Iriguchi's ukes continue to push the edge in new ideas and shapes (and every one I played sounded magnificent). Mike of MP Ukuleles displayed a pair of really lightweight tenors with the new slimline headstock design and Gotoh Stealth tuners: clean and sleek. I can really see how he has earned the reputation he has he on this board.

The UU meetup (thank you very much for this Nix) on Saturday was really nice. Gosh, we all have real bodies and faces--not just online personalities. A bit of talk story and some playing together was the order of the meeting. Electrauke is a talented guy (and persuasive--he brought along a young friend who had just started playing the day before, I think).

I opened the case of my ukulele and passed the instrument around to let UU folks play my MooreBettah--and I have pix to prove it. Lots of talented fingers have now added their mojo to this fine instrument!

I offered a free photo booth and took oodles of (silly and definitely memorable) themed photos of attendees (free). I'll share some when I get home and have time to go through them.

The workshops I had time to attend (Peter Luongo's) were info-packed as well as just plain fun.

In short, if you missed this one, you missed out on a weekend of diverse ukulele entertainment.

Thanks for the report.

I got to play Tigeralum's MB last week. Unfortunately I did not add any good player's mojo. Maybe I walked away with some:)

So sad it is over. At least Mr. Douglas gave me the beach ball that was signed by everyone :)

I had a great time at the Reno Uke Fest... That may be because I won the GRAND PRIZE in the raffle - A DaSilva "James Hill" Tenor (#271).
DeSilva Uke.jpg

Last edited:
So sad it is over. At least Mr. Douglas gave me the beach ball that was signed by everyone :)

See it's just too cute (and wonderfully polite!) that you call him Mr. Douglas. It was great meeting you and your family. Such good good people!

Your performance was Brilliant! I cheered with Gusto. ;)

I had a great time at my second Reno Uke Fest. I got my Uke and started playing at the first one. I had so much fun meeting new people that I completely missed out on looking through the venders area at the goods. I mean I met people in there but the conversations were too ripe too even look at much, ya know.

I hope your Ukulele Adventures are many and amazing!

Your photo booth was so much fun! Can't wait to see the pictures. The jewelry you were selling was also super fun. I love both the necklaces and earrings I got. :D

Top Bottom