Fluke Timber Bass News

UkeOkay

Reaction score
I was searching for some information about the tuner on my Timber, and came across this post on the Fluke blog. They are looking at ways to reduce the cost of the body and are temporarily halting production. I’d been playing my Ohana exclusively for a while, enjoying the fully acoustic quality, and now having just started back playing the Timber (with Gali flat wounds), I am appreciating the smooth supple feel In comparison the the Ohana and a similarly sized Goldtone Microbass I was able to play all last week.

Timber is my favorite bass. Love the flats. Hard to suggest improvements though they are asking for ideas. So far I'm the only comment on the blog? What would like to see improved?

Timber is my favorite bass. Love the flats. Hard to suggest improvements though they are asking for ideas. So far I'm the only comment on the blog? What would like to see improved?
Your comments are on the mark. I can‘t think of anything further.

When I first saw the Timber bass, I thought was a little too expensive to compete well, especially against the solid body RondoMusic Hadean bass ukes with added Kala/Galli flatwounds (which are all I use now), seems my thought was justified.

When I first saw the Timber bass, I thought was a little too expensive to compete well, especially against the solid body RondoMusic Hadean bass ukes with added Kala/Galli flatwounds (which are all I use now), seems my thought was justified.
Well, if you're willing to do the mods I've seen you do, then I agree that the Hadean or similar are much better starting points and allow for much greater customization. On the other hand, if like me you aren't able to do the mods or have access to a great tech like you do, then the Timber might make sense. It does what it does right out of the box, and if that's enough, then you're good to go.

I'm curious to see Kala's new solid body. If that is likewise "good to go", that could be a "Timber killer" as it will come in at less than half the cost.

Well, if you're willing to do the mods I've seen you do, then I agree that the Hadean or similar are much better starting points and allow for much greater customization. On the other hand, if like me you aren't able to do the mods or have access to a great tech like you do, then the Timber might make sense. It does what it does right out of the box, and if that's enough, then you're good to go. I'm curious to see Kala's new solid body. If that is likewise "good to go", that could be a "Timber killer" as it will come in at less than half the cost.
I wasn't considering the mods I've done, but just the basic Hadean solid body with a string change. It also has a certain amount of intonation adjustment.

Nice suggestion on offering a passive option. That was one of the reasons I chose another bass over the Timber for my son’s first bass.

Top Bottom