Any chance Millar ukuleles will be available in the U.S?

Any reply from SUS, @Eggs_n_Ham ?
Oh yes. Alex was very kind and stated my email got lost in their stack. He answered all my questions and explained the purchasing and shipping that would be involved. A lovely gentleman all way around. I really thought long and hard about getting a ukulele from across the world but the logistics made me reconsider.
Still want a Millar though. And a Mainland.
Someday.

Understandable.

For what it’s worth, I gave SUS money and less than a week later my uke showed up at my door in Washington State. Didn’t have to pay extra beside SUS’s shipping cost at checkout. No additional logistics on my end. However it’s done internally, it was perfectly smooth on my end.

I’m glad there wasn’t anything wrong with the uke I received because returning would have been annoying. That’d be my only concern, but I bet Alex can triple check it for you.

I'm in Maine, USA... have ordered Uke's from Hawaii, the UK-and just ordered one from Japan.
Life is short.
Get the Uke's you want!
I see your Hawaii, UK and Japan, and raise you a Thailand!

From a listing in the FB Ukulele Marketplace about Milar (Grammer mistakes are theirs.):

This info about Millar is with a description for a Millar SP-210LL Solid Engelmann Spruce longneck Soprano ukulele. The last line below may be for the ukulele listed, or belong to the Millar company's information. I'm not sure which.

Dealers description and features:
Millar was established in 2016. They are located in Kaohsiung city of South Taiwan . This is the only one manufacture high-quality & handmade ukulele factory in Taiwan.
A family-owned and operated business. Mr. Hong Qing Feng, the Executive Director, mainly responsible for production routine & design. A few years ago, Mr Hong Qing Feng used to work in China for musical instrument technology . A high valued and courteous of his skillful & innovative. He was starting his ukulele business when he back to Taiwan.
Mr. Hong Wen, Feng ‘s father also the CTO, who has over 40 years manufacturing experience of guitars & ukuleles. He has served as a production consultant for major brands. Father and son combine their own expertise and ideas, with exclusive technology, make Millar’s ukulele unique.
Millar only a full solid handmade ukulele was released from the beginning. To do the best ukuleles are aims.
This is a valuable UKULELE of the world !!

Before you ask, the seller is in Texas and he's asking $385 for it.
You have to have a Facebook account and "join" the Ukulele Marketplace group by requesting to join. Nothing more.

Saw this Millar longneck sop, looks pretty sweet, with a Style 3 vibe.

View attachment 147179
Really like that style. I actually ended up buying the Millar cedar/rosewood concert from SUS and I'm pretty happy with it so far. The Millar feels great to hold, you really know you have a fine quality instrument with great intonation. Bright and mellow at the same time. Finish is superb.

I have three Millar Ukes. I absolutely love them. Not only do they look really nice, but I love how they feel and sound. They are my favorite ukes and I think they compare to ukes that sell for substantially more. I bought mine from World of Ukes and did not pay extra for shipping. Also Matt Warnes is great to deal with. I asked him several questions when I was looking and he was very prompt to respond.
Do you have the acacia one TA-260? is it in the really bright side or not too much? I am hesitating that one or the TM-260 mahogany. The 35mm nut width is not a problem for you? thanks!

Do you have the acacia one TA-260? is it in the really bright side or not too much? I am hesitating that one or the TM-260 mahogany. The 35mm nut width is not a problem for you? thanks!
As an addendum to your reply above to ppalma00, I purchased the Millar 240w concert, cedar and rosewood. The build is amazing; intonation is stellar whilst my uke is also a bit on the quiet side. I changed the stock strings to Pepe Romero La Bella and it did improve the brightness. They are lovely ukuleles for sure.

I do not have that one. These are the ones that I have:

I switch back and forth between different neck profiles all the time and don't have a problem with it. It's actually more a matter of string spacing than nut width. For example my KoAloha tenor has a wider nut but the string spacing of a 35MM nut. I also play mandolin and that has an even narrower neck. On the other extreme I have a custom made 12 string electric bass with a nut of about 2 inches. I guess I am just used to it by now.

Just looking at the WOU checkout, and it seems that a Millar CD-260W is £679 whether shipping to the UK or the USA. This price includes UK VAT, which is our pesky sales tax at 20%. So, it looks to me like the UK VAT sales tax is not being removed, which I am sure that it should be for US purchasers. At the SUS checkout, the same uke for shipping to the US is £565.83, which is the amount with the sales tax removed, but then the shipping charge of £69.50 is added. So I make the total amount payable £635.33.
I just purchased a Millar SP-210LL from WOU. Matt was fabulous to work with. As we also purchased a few other items, our cost was over the 400 GBP needed for free shipping. The VAT that is part of the purchase price shown, is what is used to pay for shipping. In our case, the shipping was less than the VAT, so we got a refund for the difference (if that made sense).
As a side note, if you do order from there, grab a few sets of strings you like if you can’t find them local to you or online. Some are difficult to find in some places in the US.
Oh, and the little Millar is a belter. Loud, clear, and rings like a sweet bell when fingerpicked. I never thought I would ever have a soprano sized body but this is quickly becoming my favorite.

Just ordered an in-stock Millar BR-260WG from their dealer, TUS Hawaii USA. Free FedEx 2-day to the Midwest USA. No VAT, no duty, no surcharge, no $h!t. Whee - my first ukulele.
Welcome and great first uke! You have chosen wisely by selecting a Millar, for buying from TUS and joining UU!

Just ordered an in-stock Millar BR-260WG from their dealer, TUS Hawaii USA. Free FedEx 2-day to the Midwest USA. No VAT, no duty, no surcharge, no $h!t. Whee - my first ukulele.
I've never played a Millar, but you're in good hands with TUS! And what an excellent first instrument to start with! It'll be a joy I'm sure!

Just arrived at TUS : Millar All Cypress Custom Tenor $949
https://theukulelesite.com/millar-all-cypress-tenor-2412-performer-series-customized.html

millar_cypress_custom_tenor_2412-1.jpg

Good to know !!
But to refresh , the title of this thread is : Any chance Millar ukuleles will be available in the U.S?
And 1st post stated in part : " I'd like to get my paws on one, but can't afford international shipment fees, etc."
Granted , shipping from Hawaii to the mainland might be just as much !
OP was/is looking for a mainland USA dealer .

Top Bottom