aNueNue USA Grand Opening!!!!!!!!!

Are the aNueNue ukes made in China?

Don't know about all of their models, but my UC200 concert Moonbird is labelled "Handmade in China." I will also add that it is exquisitely built at that.

Are the aNueNue ukes made in China?

I believe all the Moon Birds are built in China. I know that my UT200 Tenor is for sure. aNueNue itself is based in Taiwan, and the Moon Bird series was designed by Japanese luthier Mitsuta Morihiko. It's a very successful international collaboration.

Just checked. From the aNueNue website: "aNueNue ukuleles are designed in Taiwan and manufactured in China."

Last edited:
Guess that changes my mind about buying one of their ukes. The warranty thing bothers me too. I am not a fan of Chinese instruments.

Guess that changes my mind about buying one of their ukes. The warranty thing bothers me too. I am not a fan of Chinese instruments.

You should spend your money as you choose. But I have owned a concert Moon Bird and loved it (replaced it with a custom built one). My impression is that aNueNue competes as possibly having the best production ukuleles with their Moon Bird line and that the pricing is in line with the product. There are a lot of people in China and perhaps some can build to the standards you expect. Regarding the warranty, I would feel extra security in knowing that it would go to Corey and Kalei to take care of any issues that arise. But again, if that bothers you, then do find a company that checks all your boxes.

I don't quite get this line of thinking. What difference does it make where an instrument (or any product for that matter) is made if it's good quality? And aNueNue ukes certainly are good quality, as good as they get in fact. As far as I know, they aren't made in a sweat shop like the cheapo brands. Regarding the warranty, you wouldn't be dealing with any Chinese entity. Instead, you would be dealing with aNueNue USA or directly with aNueNue in Taiwan. Of course, you're entitled to avoid Chinese-made instruments but I just don't really understand these kinds of remarks.

As others have stated, I don't think this is necessarily fair. If you don't want to buy instruments made in China due to philosophical, political, or moral reasons, that's totally ok, and I won't criticize that decsion.

But I don't think you should lump all instruments made in China together. Certainly, there are really cheap (and terrible) ukuleles made in China and sold on a myriad of different labels. But there are also mid-level ukes made in China and sold by Kala, Ohana, and others. Then there are true top-grade instruments made there like, in my opinion, Anuenue.

China is a big place, and I don't think you can lump the entire output of a country of 1.393 billion people together in just one bucket.

Until this thread I have never heard of the anuenue brand and need some education on their models as I am confused by the website. Why on earth are the African Mahogany ukes more expensive than the solid Mahogany ukes? I always thought that Mahogany was much more valued and desirable than Khaya so this may need some explanation.

Aloha!

We are proud to announce the release of our weekly podcast episodes! Check out this weeks episode with special guest Brittni Paiva at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Uzl_FitiI! This weeks episode features our AMM and Koa Bird series including the 1K, 3K, and 5K!
04172020-004.jpg05-29-2020 Shipment-186.jpg05-29-2020 Shipment-406.jpg

www.anuenueusa.com
If you have questions about our products feel free to send us an email at support@anuenueusa.com
Call/Text us at 808-351-2217 or 808-352-0285

Keep on strumming!

-Kalei Gamiao

Last edited:
Until this thread I have never heard of the anuenue brand and need some education on their models as I am confused by the website. Why on earth are the African Mahogany ukes more expensive than the solid Mahogany ukes? I always thought that Mahogany was much more valued and desirable than Khaya so this may need some explanation.

Hi There! Thanks for the feed back! We need them to better improve our site!

Do you have the exact models of the African Mahogany and the Solid Mahogany Ukes that you were comparing? Also, our signature African Mahogany models like the AMM3 is also all-solid, top, back and side, would that be the one you were referring to?

Please let us know, and also any other issues on our website that caused your confusion! We're here to help as much as we can, often times even during after-hours.

Mahalo,

Hi There! Thanks for the feed back! We need them to better improve our site!

Do you have the exact models of the African Mahogany and the Solid Mahogany Ukes that you were comparing? Also, our signature African Mahogany models like the AMM3 is also all-solid, top, back and side, would that be the one you were referring to?

Please let us know, and also any other issues on our website that caused your confusion! We're here to help as much as we can, often times even during after-hours.

Mahalo,
Yes when I just look at the small picture and read the description the PAS models look more high end than the AMM models as one can think they are genuine Mahogany with carvings. Yet they have about half the MSRP.

Yes when I just look at the small picture and read the description the PAS models look more high end than the AMM models as one can think they are genuine Mahogany with carvings. Yet they have about half the MSRP.

Ahh... Yes. Thank you so much for your compliments on our PAS models! All of our PAS models are actually all-solid mahogany as your correct assumption, and also stated on our website. For an entry level uke the PAS models are definitely competitive.

However, we also stated on our website that the African mahogany we use has amber like brownish streaks, which is a type of tone wood can be easily seasoned and is very stable to work with. It comes in a straighter grain which is great for an effective clear tonal transfer and it gives players a strong mid-range presence and a wonderful warmer overtone. The AMM model also has a premium head stock and rosette with a gloss finish, it's as premium as it gets.

Would you like us to go into more specifics? Or more questions about the website? Our email address is support@aNueNueUSA.com , Please feel free to email us at your convenience! And call us anytime during our operating hours from 9am to 6pm Hawaii Standard Time.

More details on uke specs would be helpful too, at least to me. Things like fingerboard woods, nut & saddle materials, nut width and even string spread at nut and saddle.

This, right here. I wish that more companies would provide things like nut width and string spacing. These fundamental quantities greatly influence playability and comfort, and unlike action and string height can't easily be adjusted.

Congratulations Corey and Kalei! Wishing you all the best for a super successful enterprise!

Agree that more specs needed. Aso might indicate which bag or case come with which ukes (presumably the higher priced ones get the hard case, but there is no mention of bags/cases on the website).

Really like the PAS model, but the little man/logo running up the soundboard kills it for me (so I'm looking at the AMM). IMO a plain version of the PAS would be a better seller, but that's me.

This, right here. I wish that more companies would provide things like nut width and string spacing. These fundamental quantities greatly influence playability and comfort, and unlike action and string height can't easily be adjusted.

+1.
That's a huge factor is what ukuleles I've kept and what I might buy in the future. Without that information, I'm reluctant to buy something, now that I know that my fingers complain unless those specs meet certain criteria.

Agree that more specs needed. Aso might indicate which bag or case come with which ukes (presumably the higher priced ones get the hard case, but there is no mention of bags/cases on the website).

Really like the PAS model, but the little man/logo running up the soundboard kills it for me (so I'm looking at the AMM). IMO a plain version of the PAS would be a better seller, but that's me.

Sorry that the PAS model is not of your taste... But actually, there is an USA exclusive entry level model that is replacing the PAS model soon! Be on the lookout at: www.anuenueusa.com

Oh, and also, There are images of the case/bag that each instrument comes with, they are usually in the gallery area, but I do see a few of them without, we will upload those as soon as possible! Thank you for bringing that up!

WeChat Image_20200616181854.jpg

Last edited:
Copy that everyone, we will actually update the website with specs on each product page very soon, so that everyone could see them.

Me too, plain Jane ukes for me. No graphics needed. When I see these, it always screams "cheap uke" to me, even if it's not, and spoils an otherwise nice uke, as far as me buying it. Others may love it, YMMV.

There is actually an USA exclusive series that will replace the PAS series, be on the lookout for that, as it might interest you, the design is a premium-like plain wood design with no graphics. Check us out here in a month or so: www.anuenueusa.com

[4K] EP.003 Traveling Guitars and THE ORIGIN OF EVERYTHING w/ Aaron Crowell from Hawaii Music School

On this week's episode: ORIGINS OF Kalei & Corey, Aaron's critique on instruments, Luthiers (Noah, Ryan, Jeb, Sugita, etc), Teachers (IE: Uncle Benny, Uncle Kimo), and much more!!!

Viewers discretion is advised for this specific Vlog, but with the amount of Ukulele/Guitar/Music culture and connections in Hawaii discussed, WE DON'T THINK YOU WANT TO MISS THIS:

Last edited:
Top Bottom