Sold aNueNue Solid Wood Flame Maple Soprano Last Day

Price
$400
Shipping
Will ship to USA & UK at buyer expense
Size
Soprano
I'm sorry that no one purchased this.
So was I. Considering that I had dropped the price to way less than half of what you could reasonably expect to pay for an instrument of its quality. I’ve bought and sold probably a dozen or more instruments over the years and I expect a 25-30% depreciation from original purchase price but much smaller depreciations after that. I think that timing has a lot to do with the sale of instruments. I bought a National Reso type 0 concert Uke for $600 a few years ago. Nowadays I’m sure I’d have to pay 3 times that.
Luckily I was able to get together what I needed for the purchase of the Uke I committed to without having to sell this beautiful girl. If my fingers weren’t so pudgy and I played a Soprano, I would not be selling this. Oh well, such is life.

The price was amazing, and it is, as you say, a quality instrument (doesn't hurt that it's a beauty). But there have been a lot of well priced quality instruments languishing here, so it's probably a sign of the times: people are looking for something specific and will maybe pay for that but not for something outside their experience that is as good or better.

I'm glad that you were able to make ends meet and still keep this pretty little thing. So not a total loss 😊

The price was amazing, and it is, as you say, a quality instrument (doesn't hurt that it's a beauty). But there have been a lot of well priced quality instruments languishing here, so it's probably a sign of the times: people are looking for something specific and will maybe pay for that but not for something outside their experience that is as good or better.

I'm glad that you were able to make ends meet and still keep this pretty little thing. So not a total loss 😊
That’s a very good analysis.

Agree. I think its tougher to sell instruments from anybodys collection now. Things have cooled off. And so I think its very prudent to be careful when considering new purchases. You may own that new uke a long time now unless you really sacrifice the dollar value when you resell later. Best to hold onto instruments if you like them rather than chase another right now if you do that on a repeat type cycle. Peoples pockets are tighter now for discretionary purchases with food and everything else costing more. Tougher to splurge now.

I tried Soprano once or twice and my fingers just didn't like the smaller fret spaces - otherwise I may have bought this one if I was a Soprano player. It was a very good deal and a nice uke.

Agree. I think its tougher to sell instruments from anybodys collection now. Things have cooled off. And so I think its very prudent to be careful when considering new purchases. You may own that new uke a long time now unless you really sacrifice the dollar value when you resell later. Best to hold onto instruments if you like them rather than chase another right now if you do that on a repeat type cycle. Peoples pockets are tighter now for discretionary purchases with food and everything else costing more. Tougher to splurge now.

I tried Soprano once or twice and my fingers just didn't like the smaller fret spaces - otherwise I may have bought this one if I was a Soprano player. It was a very good deal and a nice uke.
Good analysis. Yes, I understand that consumer confidence is currently low in the USA. Recovery from the plague years is not complete. I have no problem hanging on to it at this point in time. I could have used the money to satisfy a commitment to purchase a new instrument but, luckily, I was able to find another funding source. I will never fire sale an instrument that I know is of great quality. I’m just like you though, big hands don’t favour a smaller fretboard (all my customs have wider than usual fretboards). If it did I would be keeping this. My current collection is now focused on unique and beautiful voices. An instrument of this quality would have encouraged me to include repertoire that required a Campanella sound. Cheers

Top Bottom