Shipping
Will ship to USA & UK at buyer expense
Size
Soprano

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
3 years ago my wife mentioned that she might like to learn the Uke so we could play together. I’m a patient person but enough is enough. She is deeply committed to developing her artwork skills and I don’t think that she will find the time to learn to play an instrument. She’s a great artist BTW in various mediums and we have her artwork gracing our walls.
So this is the beautiful soprano that I bought her back then. It’s light, it sings like the proverbial bird. I did some research after I found it and this is what I found out from the good people at aNueNue:
Welcome to aNueNue family! This Custom Flame Maple Series was released in 2010. Flame maple is a feature of maple in which the growth of the wood fibers is distorted in an undulating chatoyant pattern, producing wavy lines known as "flames".
The specs down below.
Top|Flame Maple
Side / Back|Flame Maple
Construction|All Solid wood
Headplate|Flame Maple
Machine Head|Grover 9NB STA-Tite
Neck|Mahogany
Bridge|Rosewood
Nut / Saddle|Buffalo Bone
Fretboard|Rosewood
String|Orcas Strings ( I have Fremont Black Line on it now and the resonance is amazing.
Finish|Nitro-Cellulose Laquer
Rosette|Abalone - IMG_6959.jpegWood
Binding|Rosewood

Attachments

• IMG_6958.jpeg
    IMG_6958.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6957.jpeg
    IMG_6957.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_6956.jpeg
    IMG_6956.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6953.jpeg
    IMG_6953.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6944.jpeg
    IMG_6944.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6951.jpeg
    IMG_6951.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6950.jpeg
    IMG_6950.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I should declare that this is on hold to allow a friend to try it out as an everyday alternative to her expensive custom built. I’ll keep this post updated as to status.

To add to this thread, I had one of these, and it really is a great uke. I have had perhaps 30 ukes or so pass through my hands in buys/sales/trades, and this one of of two I think about from time to time. GLWS.

To add to this thread, I had one of these, and it really is a great uke. I have had perhaps 30 ukes or so pass through my hands in buys/sales/trades, and this one of of two I think about from time to time. GLWS.
Thanks very much. This is a particularly good instrument (look at my herd list at the bottom of my post to see what company it keeps) from a very well thought of company. I don’t know why it hasn’t flown off my shelf to a new home, especially at the price I’m now selling it for. I guess that timing is everything.

I’ve had an enquiry about shipping to the USA. Luckily I’ve kept an instrument shipping box from my last overseas purchase and I was able to see what that package would cost to ship. . I’ve checked with the post office and sending it with tracking, SMS notifications & fully insured with an estimated delivery time of 6-9 days is about US$60 but I will cover any cost above US$50. Please note the quoted shipping costs related to a particular zip code. If interested please contact me with your zip code and we will come to an arrangement.

Last edited:
Great price. Wish you would be in Europe.

These older anuenues may not be as modern than the new ones, but have a great playability and loud voice.

Have a soprano and tenor and love them.

Top Bottom