No longer available Another reduction, now $450 Martin 0 soprano, circa 1946-1956

Price
Shipping
Included
Size
Soprano

richntacoma

Reaction score

Up for sale is a nice condition Martin 0 soprano, circa 1946-1956. I deduced its age based on when I was thinking of buying this uke here from feedback from others who are in the know

. It is very nice, and a bit different than many Martin 0 in that it is a bit lighter wood. It plays very well, is resonant and has that snappy Martin sound. I have owned a few of these, and it is perhaps a bit on the sweeter side than some of them. It is a lot more full sounding than my Weymann--an older “cousin” of the Martin.
Some strum marks and a wee bit scratches on the back. A few very thin and repaired cracks that are hard to see/photographs. This is going to be someone’s fantastic uke for many years.

Why am I selling this? I would like to get down to about 5 ukes, and so I am having to make super hard choices. This is slightly reductant to my Weymann in style, and while it perhaps has a nicer voice, my Weymann is special to me and a bit too beat to sell.

The price is $450, with a hard case and shipped within the COUS. For a variety of reasons, I do not accept paypal anymore, and so would need a personal check or a bank check, or zelle. If this makes you edgy, I would gladly give you my professional websites and such--I am a pretty public dude (college professor, author of many books, have a coaching practice), so I am not going to mess with you for this amount of money. You will have my full identity before you consider buying this! I also have had many positive transitions here that you can search for. My guess is a couple of people I have traded with and sold with here will soon respond to this thread in one way or another, lol. No sound samples, but glad to show you and play over Zoom!

PM me and we can discuss this.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.45.43.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.45.43.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 338
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.45.54.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.45.54.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 337
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.46.09.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.46.09.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 325
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.49.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-30 at 10.49.18.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

Up for sale is a nice condition Martin 0 soprano, circa 1946-1956. I deduced its age based on when I was thinking of buying this uke here from feedback from others who are in the know

. It is very nice, and a bit different than many Martin 0 in that it is a bit lighter wood. It plays very well, is resonant and has that snappy Martin sound. I have owned a few of these, and it is perhaps a bit on the sweeter side than some of them. It is a lot more full sounding than my Weymann--an older “cousin” of the Martin.
Some strum marks and a wee bit scratches on the back. A few very thin and repaired cracks that are hard to see/photographs. This is going to be someone’s fantastic uke for many years.

Why am I selling this? I would like to get down to about 5 ukes, and so I am having to make super hard choices. This is slightly reductant to my Weymann in style, and while it perhaps has a nicer voice, my Weymann is special to me and a bit too beat to sell.

The price is $600, with a hard case and shipped within the COUS. For a variety of reasons, I do not accept paypal anymore, and so would need a personal check or a bank check, or zelle. If this makes you edgy, I would gladly give you my professional websites and such--I am a pretty public dude (college professor, author of many books, have a coaching practice), so I am not going to mess with you for this amount of money. You will have my fall identity before you consider buying this! I also have had many positive transitions here that you can search for. My guess is a couple of people I have traded with and sold with here will soon respond to this thread in one way or another, lol. No sound samples, but glad to show you and play over Zoom!

PM me and we can discuss this.
Boy that's a pretty little uke. GLWTS.

I have known Rich for a couple of years now, have played several of his ukes, and purchased one from him. All of his ukes are special, play incrediby well, and are extremely well cared for; I was shocked when he told me he was thinning his collection. I'm not in the market for another soprano, but whoever buys this will get exactly what he has described, and will be thrilled with it.

Nothing like a vintage Martin! Yet another sweetheart from Rich's collection

There are certainly some nice vintage Martin style instruments out there- Weymann, Favilla and others. There are very few Rutan ukuleles around, but they are another one that has a great reputation.

You are correct. There are certainly more than a few. Gretsch are supposed to be great also. Can't go wrong with a Martin 0 however.!

Can't go wrong with a Martin 0 however.!
I agree. Martins are terrific. There is a reason that they are considered the standard. I have had a few pass though my hands and all were very nice instruments. They are a pleasure to play. I am surprised nobody has snapped this up!

I agree. Martins are terrific. There is a reason that they are considered the standard. I have had a few pass though my hands and all were very nice instruments. They are a pleasure to play. I am surprised nobody has snapped this up!
You have been needing a back up for sure Ed!!!

I’m amazed that this instrument hasn’t gone but December has folk prioritising funds to Christmas and January - and maybe February too - is traditionally a fiscally tight month for most folks.

International shipping is fraught with hazard but Timbuck seems to manage, I suppose it all depends on the shipping end points and likely route.

A nice one. There are a few decent Martins currently on the market on various sites. Like this one, some very nice deals

Last edited:
Top Bottom