Anyone played a new Oli uke?

I have an Oli Baritone, Acacia, gloss coming in soon. I’m pretty excited for it, as it really matches what I was looking for in terms of features and price point. I’ve had an Ohana baritone for a while and while it’s good this one really caught my eye.
I’m mostly a hobbyist, and I love playing at home as my kids are doing their thing when my kids are doing their thing, I mostly play for myself so I really wanted a uke with a side sound port.
I also have found myself enjoying my baritone more lately (as opposed to the tenor size), due to the deeper sound and the fact that I have full-sized hands which are well suited to its form factor.
For the past couple of years as I’ve gotten more into the Ukulele, I’ve become a fan of The Ukulele Site, and their podcasts. When the Oli ukes came it made sense to jump in and I’m hope it might support Andrew and the team in some way. It’s my first uke from HMS and I’m sure it will not disappoint.

I have an Oli Baritone, Acacia, gloss coming in soon. I’m pretty excited for it, as it really matches what I was looking for in terms of features and price point. I’ve had an Ohana baritone for a while and while it’s good this one really caught my eye.
I’m mostly a hobbyist, and I love playing at home as my kids are doing their thing when my kids are doing their thing, I mostly play for myself so I really wanted a uke with a side sound port.
I also have found myself enjoying my baritone more lately (as opposed to the tenor size), due to the deeper sound and the fact that I have full-sized hands which are well suited to its form factor.
For the past couple of years as I’ve gotten more into the Ukulele, I’ve become a fan of The Ukulele Site, and their podcasts. When the Oli ukes came it made sense to jump in and I’m hope it might support Andrew and the team in some way. It’s my first uke from HMS and I’m sure it will not disappoint.
HMS is amazing to do business with. Enjoy that baritone!

Last edited:
I’m fortunate to have been on Oahu for a month vacationing. I have spent a lot of time in the shop playing Oli Pono etc. The Oli mango tenors and baritone’s are really special. I bought a tenor L2 spruce rosewood running lowG a few weeks back, and then today a mango tenor L1 for high g. I have played most that came through the store in the last few weeks. It is an amazing line. I play guitar or would own a baritone they sound very guitar like. Also own a nice mya no Bari and just don’t play Bari if I did I would own a mango Oli. They are onto something here. Kalei was patient and helpful he put a hi g on the mango L1 so I could be sure of it.

didn't get much time to examine my new 'Oli yesterday. it came late, I installed strap buttons and headed off to a jam. Today, I've had a chance to really look at it.
The fit and finish is as close to perfect as I've seen. A look thru the side port at the bracing show beautiful workmanship. The bracing is really well done and delicate making my Martin look a little crude and a Harmony look like a lumber yard.
Everyone's volume and tonal character tastes are different but I love the warm overtones from the cedar and rosewood combo.
It doesn't sound as good as when Corey played it on the Uke Site video(never will) but this one is a keeper.

The bracing is really well done and delicate making my Martin look a little crude and a Harmony look like a lumber yard.
🤣
It doesn't sound as good as when Corey played it on the Uke Site video(never will) but this one is a keeper.
This is a strong endorsement, knowing how many fine baritones have passed thru your able hands, @Papa John !

It's here-- and it's elegant -- like a well fitted tuxedo with a flower in the lapel--
Meticulous inside and out-- I almost skipped this one as the ebony is not as heavily contrasted with lighter streaks as some -- but I really enjoy the rich almost solid dark chocolate in contrast to the white engleman spruce-- Open airy sounding already and a pleasure to play with the radiused 1.5" fretboard-- Inlay is vibrant and very precise. I am very pleased!

It's here-- and it's elegant -- like a well fitted tuxedo with a flower in the lapel--
Meticulous inside and out-- I almost skipped this one as the ebony is not as heavily contrasted with lighter streaks as some -- but I really enjoy the rich almost solid dark chocolate in contrast to the white engleman spruce-- Open airy sounding already and a pleasure to play with the radiused 1.5" fretboard-- Inlay is vibrant and very precise. I am very pleased!
"Open and airy" is perfect! I was struggling to think of a good word to describe the sound but that's it.

Does anyone know if the 'Oli ukuleles have truss rods. I know my Pono ATD tenor has a truss rod and I believe TUS is using the same folks to build the 'Oli. Looking in my concert I see a bolt where the neck connects to the body, but there was no wrench in the kit, and I don't know that Pono concerts have truss rods either.

Does anyone know if the 'Oli ukuleles have truss rods. I know my Pono ATD tenor has a truss rod and I believe TUS is using the same folks to build the 'Oli. Looking in my concert I see a bolt where the neck connects to the body, but there was no wrench in the kit, and I don't know that Pono concerts have truss rods either.
My baritone has one. The smaller instruments may not. It adds some weight.

Top Bottom