Price
Tbd
Shipping
Tbd
Size
Soprano

d-mace

Reaction score
PM please…thanks! I played one at NAMM today and it felt great. Couldn’t hear it though with all the drums and guitars!

Last edited:
Reactions: EDW
My take was that it was a little smoother with less bark/bite compared to an old Martin or Timms, but again, it was extremely loud where I was.

My take was that it was a little smoother with less bark/bite compared to an old Martin or Timms, but again, it was extremely loud where I was.
This is my impression as well, as an owner of a Kiwaya and a Timms.

I see world of ukes has a KTS-5, but not sure if the shipping would make that too expensive

I was looking for a kts-4 a while back. The only online store that I found one at was here.

I have never heard of this site so I’m not sure how legitimate they are.

Thanks for the link. I like that longer fretboard. Was hoping to buy used but I haven’t see anything listed including new.

@smallchewbaca, thanks for the link. I haven’t heard of Bondi either and their price is about $100 higher than Kiwaya’s was at NAMM.

I was looking for a kts-4 a while back. The only online store that I found one at was here.

I have never heard of this site so I’m not sure how legitimate they are.
I've heard of Bondi, but never bought from them before. They used to be located in Australia, but seem to have US distribution now. Maybe that is why the US prices are higher than average.

Elderly Instruments in Michigan used to be a good place to buy Kiwayas, but their selection has been very limited since the pandemic.

I did some reading and you’re right, Aussie based company with a warehouse in Wisconsin.

I see world of ukes has a KTS-5, but not sure if the shipping would make that too expensive

I found this : « At World of Ukes, US customers have free shipping over the value of £400, with FedEx. This includes your tax and duty being paid. So you pay the price on the website and that’s all. »

I know you said you’re looking for used. But just in case, here is another option. Buy the Japanese domestic version, which is branded as Luna, directly from Japan with a proxy buying service. I’ve had a very positive experience buying this way. You can expect international shipping to cost between $50-80. All said and done this would run around $600 dollars, maybe a little more based on the actual shipping cost.

I have a kts4 (Luna, but it's the same instrument) for sale, but I'm in Europe so there would be some additional costs for shipping and taxes

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info and links guys. That Japanese Luna version is interesting and pricing seems good for a new KTS 5 style. @smallchewbaca, how long did it take to receive ukes from Japan shipping-wise...?

Thanks for all the info and links guys. That Japanese Luna version is interesting and pricing seems good for a new KTS 5 style. @smallchewbaca, how long did it take to receive ukes from Japan shipping-wise...?
2-3 weeks if I remember correctly. It has to get shipped 2 times. From the Japanese seller to the proxy service's warehouse. They repackage it for international shipping, then send it to you.

@smallchewbaca, I ended up ordering the Luna from Japan that you linked above. I haven't received a shipping quote yet but overall, it seems like a great price for a new KTS 5. The photos on the site show the Kiwaya stamp on the back of the headstock. Thanks to all for the links and comments. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Love to hear about your buying experience too once it comes in.

Will do...so far they've been good with emailing. Pricing is about $540 before shipping.
Buying directly from Japan with a proxy service is definitely a bit of an open secret. Even with international shipping, the prices tend to beat the US/UK/EU markup that happens on these models.

Top Bottom