He says if you loved me
You'd lay face down for me
Give in to the violence inside my poison heart

He says if you need me
You'll bleed red blood for me
You'll spill bright nectar that feeds my poison heart

He beckons me to the banks of the roiling Styx
He asks of me that I drink the black treacherous water

"I gave her my ❤️heart but she wanted my soul" Don't Think Twice - Robert Zimmerman

Thanks for hosting again so quickly Ila, and for a cool topic. Back in the sixties, when we used to play at Hootenannies in school gyms and church basements, we'd have a meeting of all the performers to make sure we weren't duplicating any songs. It seems everyone wanted dibbs on this one.

". . . and the ❤️hearts of all my girlfriends lyin' right there on the shelf" Ragged But Right - Riley Pucket

I first heard this from The Greenbriar Boys. You might be sorry that you said, "No limit," Ila.

A couple of months ago, I learned that Les Barker was one of few people to manage to get the name of a certain Welsh town, on Anglesey, into a song. Challenge accepted, I thought! And this was the result, so now I'm happy to have an excuse to record and post it. For convenience, I've called it L56H.

There's a broken heart in the second verse. The song is a sad tale of lost love and mispronunciation. WIth apologies to any Welsh listeners, although I suppose my inabiliy to pronounce the town in question is somehow part of the joke. No, sorry, it's not a joke. It's a sad story. As you were.

Reactions: joo
OK- Here goes! No more lurking... my first audio post!

A laudable entry! So glad you chose this week to make your maiden voyage.
In future posts, please post on YouTube and link to it here; that's what is traditionally done. I'm sure some of the other, more seasoned Seasonistas can give you the whys and wherefores of it.
--ila

Hi Ila. Here's one from my teenage. A hit in Australia ,it was in the soundtrack of an iconic surf movie / documentary in the early '70's called " Morning of the Earth". It was probably the best of then popular genre of Surf movies due in no small part to the well curated soundtrack. Guitalele featured.

i thought you might know but i just wanted to type FART! Fart. :p
As a kid I used to have this inane hobby of singing along to whatever was on the radio and changing 'heart' to 'fart'. Used to drive everyone around me nuts.

I had this extensive repertoire...My Farts Will Go On...Smell Of Your Farts instead of Beat Of Your Heart by Hayley Westenra...Why Does My Fart Smell So Bad instead of Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad by Moby...

"You've got to give a little, take a little and let your poor ❤️heart break a little" The Glory of Love Billy Hill 1936
I switched up the first and second verses, I'm afraid.

Notoriety by anonymity...at one time it was fashionable to take a photo per day... I thought it over indulgent, so as a reaction I put a 365 stamp on photos of myself with people I loved, attempting to convey that you are only as important as your relationships, and that concentrating on yourself so much is rather egotistical.

I got bored after 50 photos... or maybe I had only so many people in my life that meant something to me... or suddenly the whole idea became pretentious and i was becoming a 365 freak. So I stopped... but I still believe there is nothing finer than to have a sweatheart watching you with love in their eyes.

Last edited:
"Skin remembers what the heart forgets..."

Thanks for hosting Ila. Here's one written by the wonderful Boo Hewerdine.

Hi all
Yes, I'm still playing, but only just starting to get back to open mics and regular playing after lockdowns and then some other non-music projects over the last couple of years.
Here's a song that mentions the word heart.

Top Bottom