Greetings!

greenfrog

Reaction score
I’m new here, and about to start learning to play the ukulele.

I will have a baritone ukulele soon (love that rich deep sound!). Technically I’ve already had it for a little while, but been unable to play it due to a situation involving employment, geography, and insufficient arm length. Once I’m comfortable on the baritone I also want to get a tenor and learn to play with GCEA tuning too.

I am also intrigued by the glimpses I’ve seen of the community that surrounds the ukulele. I move frequently for work, and have noticed that many cities have groups of people who put up strange and funny signs in music stores inviting you to come play ukulele with them. That sounds like a fun thing to do and fun people to meet!

Last edited:
Welcome to the UU Forum greenfrog. Glad that you will soon be receiving your new baritone uke.

Can't wait to hear how you solved your "insufficient arm length" situation. :)

Enjoy the site.

Welcome! Congratulations on getting a ukulele.

Welcome to UU greenfrog and a big hello from Chicago!

Can't wait to hear how you solved your "insufficient arm length" situation. :)

Lots and lots of stretching, special approval from the FAA to reach over buildings as long as I keep my arms low, and a Gallifreyan metronome to handle the timezone difference.

...but not really, I just asked someone to get it out from my things and (carefully) mail it to me. ;) Glad that I got a hardshell case!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and good to meet you!

Welcome! 🤗

Top Bottom