Greetings from SoCal

JohnC

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I'm a no talent hack with a guitar. (Actually with a few guitars even though I've found that owning more of them does not make me play any better. :LOL:) I've been tempted often to pick up a ukulele and give it a go. Late nights on Amazon found me buying a cheap Amazon starter pack and here I am!

The Amazon cheapo is actually quite decent for the $50 I paid. Good setup out of the box and strings stay in tune after only a couple of tunings. Came with a nice strap and a couple of strap buttons so I could try if I like using a strap without having to buy any more add ons. Fret edges on both sides are sharp but still playable. And a few minutes with an emery board makes a big improvement in smoothing things down.

I've learned a handful of chords and already I'm thinking about upgrading the uke. :LOL:

Anyway, I'm not a big talker on a topics I know so little about. So, I will probably spend more time reading and learning than commenting. I've actually been doing some of that already.

Thanks for all the helpful tips and education I've picked up so far!

Greetings back and welcome to UU.

Welcome to the UU Forum, JohnC! Seems like one of the “helpful tips” you’ve picked up from us so far is how to tap into your UAS (Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome). You’re going to fit in here just fine. :)

Welcome to UU, JohnC!
Check out Gotaukulele (website and YouTube channel) for excellent reviews. Find out what you love, like or wish you could change on your cheap started uke. Keep you preferences in mind, set a budget and start looking around. You can keep your Amazon uke as a beater, or guest uke, or diring string changing periods etc...

Howdy JohnC!!!
Welcome from South Florida.

Welcome to the UU forums, I'm delighted that you've discovered ukulele. It's a pretty awesome little instrument. Enjoy your time here, there certainly is a lot to read because we have so many knowledgeable members willing to share their experiences.

Top Bottom