Season 577 - Jingles!

Good challenge Joo! Here's a protest jingle. If you've been to the Philippines, you probably rode in a Jeepney at some point. They want to phase them out and go electric before people can afford it. (sounds familiar) Sherin's oldest brother is a Jeepney owner/driver in Manila and like a ton of others is striking this week hoping to get President Bongbong Marcos to change his mind.

The problem with GREAT jingles is that they get stuck in your head.
After Rick's rendition of Log from The Ren and Stimpy show, I'm afraid I am going to bed with the line :
It's log, it's log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. (one of the best lines you can find in a jingle, in my opinion.😂)

I hope I will sleep like a log tonight. Thanks, Rick! 😅

And thank you to everyone else who brought some jingles today. I really enjoyed them!

Hope everyone is having a good day or evening wherever you are. I will be back tomorrow to see what jingles will be here for me.

You all are wonderful, thank you. <3

Bosco Jingle Parody by Anonymous Kids

This one has been around since I was a kid.
I'm not sure if they still make it, but the original jingle went something like this:
Oh, I love Bosco! That's the drink for me!
Chocolate flavored Bosco is mighty good for me.
Mommy puts it in my milk for extra energy.
Bosco gives me iron and sunshine vitamin D.
BOSCO.jpg

Hello Seasonista friends!

See you all later.
Ms Joo is going to tend to her library job now. Will be back after her commercial break...
How nice if our salaried job is only a commercial break and the fun things we want to do is the real show.
Yeah, it totally should be that way!
Later!

Written by Ylle (kolibri uker). There is a link to her original version in the youtube description. The lyrics are in the description section of her video. I had to speed it up and abbreviate the third verse to keep it under one minute.

Haven't done one for a bit, and this little blues number was inspired by the Chili's babyback rib jingle. But alas, I goofed when I didn't catch the 1 minute time limit till after completion, but Joo has graciously allowed me to post it, despite its 3+ minute length, thank you Joo! This is my first recording on my new (to me) spruce top Flea concert, we're still getting acquainted.

ooh, I had not realized that your "jingle" is more than 3 minutes long when I said Yes over PM, John!
I am looking forward to listening to it later!

What we can do is to leave your original here for everyone to enjoy, but I WON'T be adding it to the playlist, since it is way over the 1 minute limit. :)

Last edited:
One minute song: Postcard from Paris.

HAHAHA! I like this one a lot! This world might be a slightly easier place if more people can just talk to the point as shown by Rob here. :)

Deleted, my bad, way too long for a jingle, totally missed the instructions and spirit of the Season. It was based on a jingle, but was more of a song. No worries, I'll try again.
Good to see that you have shared it under Links and Videos, John! As I typed now I still have not listened to it. I will listen to it over there! And, it was my carelessness to not have checked that it was more than 3 minutes before I said Yes. You still have plenty of time to bring something, John. :---)

Gillette Razors were the sponsors for The Gillette Cavalcade Of Sports every Friday night. People who watched or listened to this show would be very familiar with this jingle. There may well have been more to it, but this is all I can remember.

Reactions: joo
Good morning, afternoon and evening!

Great jingles we have here. Check them out!

I have caught up with everything and am going to work now.

Keep bringing the jingles and see you all later!

Thanks for hosting, Joo! :)

Here’s a double whammy for you - two different versions of a 1970s TV ad for a Cadbury Fudge bar. Nice though they are, even as a young kid I found them too small and unsatisfying, and now as an old git even more so!

First up, a cover of the original, with some stills of the original ad thrown in (see my YT description for a brief summary of the ‘plot’):

And now, the Old Gits Version, with some lyrical adjustments by yours truly:

the UK has just experienced a cold snap, with snow, which followed some nice warmer weather, when all the blossom started coming out on the trees, and daffodils bloomed. the wonderful walter matthews, aka wallyboy, and sometime seasonista, captured the snow in a gorgeous video, when i saw it i was inspired to write this microscopic song, which does not really advertise anything, except possibly the need for warm clothing!

"the last of winter"

Last edited:
Top Bottom