UU which ads are shown to you!

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I am guessing UU uses some form of google ads or something to show ads in the forum which in turn tries to find the right ad. The question is which ad do you see? For the past few weeks I have been seeing this… and am bored of it now. Was the ad company able to find a uke ad for us?

Just curious...
1661267479682.png

If you are using Google Chrome, use Adblock Plus.
(Also for Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Android.)

It does not affect (inhibit) your normal (banking, Amazon, ebay) login/password) accounts.

It's free. It works.

<edit> I've been running it on 7 MS windows 10 devices (HP desktops and laptops, and MS Surfaces) so have not tried it on other platforms.

Last edited:
I usually get the Trump coin and a bunch of t-shirts with passive aggressive sayings that suggest the wearer has little patience for others in general. It’s weird because all I use my phone for really is this website and reading. I don’t have any other social media. Sometimes I use it for a metronome, or casting kids videos to my tv for my children. I’m suggesting it’s weird bc I assume the ads come from somewhere based on my behavior. I do work near someone who is very conservative, that could be why I guess.

If you are using Google Chrome, use Adblock Plus.
(Also for Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Android.)

It does not affect (inhibit) your normal (banking, Amazon, ebay) login/password) accounts.

It's free. It works.
I tried to install this on mobile, but still getting ads. Will see if it’s any better on desktop.

Ah, the issue was that I had selected it but not enabled it. Be that as it may, it is now a minimum of $5 for this browser extension. I am not suggesting that is too much. Just mentioning it. The ads dont really bother me, so i uninstalled the extension.

I get adds for "Sweetwater".

All I keep thinking is how much more productive the ads could be hive the demographics of the audience and their obvious interest… I wonder how much UU makes off ads and if they were to accept ads via a different means could they make more while actually helping the members.

Ashley now wants to sell tempur-pedic mattress…

Well, if you want to get a greater variety, click on an ad that you like to visit the website. Ads for that vendor will start showing up. I get ads for Sweetwater, REI, and other well known retailers.

I've been using AdBlocker for years. Plus I have block popup ads checked as well.

I don't see any ads here in the Forum.

Maybe that should be a perk offered for UU VIP support?

It’s funny because sometimes my wife will approach me with an ukulele ad that has hit her phone bc we are on the same Wi-Fi, but all I get is trump coin.

note to self: check house for trump coin.

I've been using AdBlocker for years. Plus I have block popup ads checked as well.

I don't see any ads here in the Forum.

Maybe that should be a perk offered for UU VIP support?
I use AdBlock as well, and don't see any ads when on UU, since I usually use my computer for this.

I do see ads when I use my tablet, though. Sometimes it's amusing how wrong they are with their "targeting" of their ads.
But, there do seem to be a lot of ukuleles following me around the internet when I'm not using an ad blocker, so they've got that correct.

I blocked out some parts of the ad.
Uke player get wild. It seems.

Capture.jpg

The advertisements pay for your UU feed. If you wish to stop paying indirectly for UU by checking out the advertisements, pay the fees and join UU VIP and pay directly.

It would be nicer if the advertisements were more focussed on a ukulele lifestyle, but who would be triggered by parts of the ukulele industry which UU members don't appreciate? What would we get then? Complaints about sellers who are not the seller of the day on UU?

Nothing on the internet is free anymore. In 1999 it might have been a happy thing that was about sharing all sorts of interesting information. In 2022 it is mostly just one big platform to buy your vote or transfer your hard earned cash into the bank account of a rich person who probably does not even live in your country. UU is one of the nicer exceptions, isn't it? The platform operators have to pay for hardware, maintenance and staff, they are doing that via direct subscriptions or by selling advertising space. If you cannot cope with that, you need to time travel back to before the internet existed and accept that you access the ukulele world via magazines and mail catalogues, or travel forward in time the to after the internet is long dead and you access the ukulele world via magazines and mail order catalogues.
As you said ads are everywhere unless you pay (most of the time). Doesn’t really bother me, I just found the ad for a trump coin amusing and definitely not targeted at me.

I get the ads for Trump coins and Japanese ukulele ads.

Maybe soon I'll get to see an ad for a coin with Trump playing an ukulele.

I use an ad free browser (DuckDuckGo or Firefox with extension) so I only suffer this when I am using something else.
But then you don't get to see all those sexy ads on UU; they aren't too hard on the eyes. Well, maybe a good-looking uke is better. Hmm, I'll head over to HMS for a bit...

Top Bottom