Ukulele trends and predictions for 2024 ?

DJ Mango

Reaction score
Name a trend and a prediction .

DIY ukulele kits and classes will trend upwards in part as a reaction to UAS , ukulele acquisition syndrome .

With the overtake of Taiwan by mainland China inevitable , Millar Ukulele will move their factory from Kaohsiung Taiwan to Honolulu Hawaii and become recognized as the 5th K .

All you tenor players will recognize the error of your ways and swoon with delight over sopranos (just regular sopranos, no long necks) and make sopranos a hot commodity in the US.

Plus there'll be some funky new string sets that everyone's gotta try.

All you tenor players will recognize the error of your ways and swoon with delight over sopranos (just regular sopranos, no long necks) and make sopranos a hot commodity in the US.

Plus there'll be some funky new string sets that everyone's gotta try.
Finally someone gets it!

I predict that many will revisit their ukes "in storage" to give them a second chance. Get them out, try new strings, revisit nut slot adjustments, and rediscover their attributes and sound signatures. Time does stabilize glue and wood, especially when kept in tune while in storage. Some instruments that sounded dull and unfocused when they were new a year or two (or more) ago will often present themselves with a "Here I am!" moment.

The others, well...

Last edited:
More Uke enthusiasts will explore alternate tunings, and also (hopefully!) the instruments and music of Madeira and the Canary Islands. The Uke ultimately came from that region of the world, after all. 🙂

Trends for 2024: folk will be able to keep their ukuleles in “the cloud” thus massively reducing the carbon footprint of conventional uke storage options.

Predictions: Yngwie Malsteen will release a Tiny Tim tribute album.

You heard it hear first 👍

I predict that things will continue much as they have done here and actually that’s pretty good, and the moderation team have really been great over the last year 👏.

Folk here might get around to not wanting their favourite size of Uke to be recognised as the best and regarding the most expensive Uke that they can buy as a must have, but I’m not going to bet the farm on it. 😂.

If I’ve a hope then it’s that folk work at being happy with what Uke’s they have, regardless of size and price, well that and that the spirit of Aloha thrives here.

Last edited:
An Australian luthier will invent groundbreaking new tactile furry surfaces (to hold and release sound) to their KoAla instruments with underlying eucalyptus bracing structures.

People will realise they only need one, but realise they don't realise this till they have bought and owned a hundred.

The inevitable progress of scale inflation (the weight of the market going from concert to tenor to baritone) will mean that the baritone will become the most popular size for US players. The rest of the world will look on slightly bemused, shrug, and carry on strumming. Some enterprising luthier will come up with a baritone longneck to accommodate players "with large hands".

An enterprising K-brand manufacturer will introduce a line of electric spinning fur ukuleles, ala ZZ Top. Will it be Furmaka, Furaloha or Fur'ilea? 😀

Last edited:
Top Bottom