Uke challenge

clear

Reaction score
Are you up for a challenge?
It's entirely free and very likely to be extremely fun.
Every player is able to accomplish it; but it might be challenging for many.
I got this idea from reading UU posts from rainbow21 and joyful Uke; so a big thank you!
Please post here if you are welling to participate; and, please remember, backing out is no fun at all.

Who's willing to try?
It'll be fun.

NOTE: If you've signed up, you'll get a PM containing the details of this challenge. Please let me know if you don't reviece it after 24hrs (likely I messed something up). Thanks.

NOTE 2: I realize that we all take pressure differently. Please, if you sign up and regret it immediately, let it sit for a few days before giving up (let your "yes, I'm in" reply be that little bit of deterrence). It is something that I think many will enjoy; but I'm not always correct and everybody's different (just keep that in mind). I try to put people into the same UU Conversation list so we get peer support; however, I'm limited to 5-6 people per conversation. So, whoever's all alone in the PM/Conversation, please feel to reach out to others.

Last edited:
Are you up for a challenge?
It's entirely free and very likely to be extremely fun.
Every player is able to accomplish it; but it might be challenging for many.
I got this idea from reading UU posts from rainbow21 and joyful Uke; so a big thank you!
Please post here if you are welling to participate; and, please remember, backing out is no fun at all.

Who's willing to try?
It'll be fun.
Oh, oh. What did I do? 😳

I’ll try, what are the terms?
Yes, please, may we get some hints?

Time commitments, will it require anything than our ukulele, will I regret saying I'm in? 😅
I'm up for a challenge...but before jumping off a cliff blindfolded, I'd like to have a hint about what I'm landing on.

OTOH, this might be just the thing for me right now. Only clear holds the clues on that.

There's only one reason I would join a challenge, and that's knowing what it is. I would not make a blind commitment.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

There's only one reason I would join a challenge, and that's knowing what it is. I would not make a blind commitment.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
If the challenge is making a difficult barre, count me out.

I'm guessing he meant a personal challenge that you post and then be required to live up to by
again posting the result. Clear implied ("backing out is no fun at all") that failure is not an opt-out.

<edit> Or, was it a double-dog dare?
Merriam Webster
double dog dare transitive verb
:to challenge defiantly

I think I won't opt-in.

<edit2> But if I did it would be "Let it be me" (Daily Ukulele)

Last edited:
I'm not doing barre chords either, my hypermobile joints are incapable of those.

I’ll try, what are the terms?

Please sign up! I think everybody will enjoy this. It is mostly a mental challenge; so, if I state it early on, then it wouldn't work. Really!

Time commitments, will it require anything than our ukulele, will I regret saying I'm in? 😅

You only need your uke. Some might put in a bit of time to prepare.
You might regret if you say "yes" after hear the challenge; however, you'll likely not regret after completing it.

Top Bottom