Tommy Emmanuel

Nickie

Reaction score
Is my favorite guitar picker. HE's amazed me even more, I just found out he created a charity called Guitars for Veterans.

Is my favorite guitar picker. HE's amazed me even more, I just found out he created a charity called Guitars for Veterans.
Sharing this video, in case you haven’t already seen it. Tommy Emmanuel playing Classical Gas with young ukulele wizard Feng E. Tommy looks like he is having the time of his life. They are both masters of their instruments.

I have had the good fortune to see him live in concert twice. His guitar playing skills are matched by his on stage presence and personality. Very likeable with a great sense of humour and connection with the audience

Watching him is a double-edged sword for me. He is awesome, but it's discouraging to know I'll never be that good. Lol.

Tommy seems like a stand up guy. I haven't listened to him a whole lot but all the videos I have seen of him he seems like just a normal guy.

Tommy is fantastic, he's right up there with Jerry Reed, Chet Atkins and Merle Travis.

Tommy is fantastic, he's right up there with Jerry Reed, Chet Atkins and Merle Travis.
I’m also a TE fan!
I had planned to mention those same three guitar masters but you beat me to the punch (line). Of course, Jerry and Tommy share the “Certified Guitar Picker” title as bestowed by Chet. Steve Wariner also holds the title, and there are two others whose names I can’t recall at the moment.
Merle pre-dates the “certification” but certainly qualified. FWIW, I was (and still am) in favor of also including Billy Strings and (posthumously) Tony Rice.

EDIT: + Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits, who recorded at least 2 great albums with Chet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom