Price Drop tkitki 10th Anniversary HKC5A Concert Ukulele 5A KOA Made in Japan incl. Koaloha Case

Price
1300 Euro
Shipping
Additional depending on your location
Size
Concert

Ukador

Reaction score
Hello everyone

First of all --> I am based in Germany but I am willing to ship all over the world as Long as you pay the shipping costs.

I would like to sell my tkitki 10th Anniversary HKC5A Concert Ukulele - Made in Japan from 5A KOA - including a Koaloha Case

I am selling it because I have three daughters and as a reason of that not enough time to play all my instruments. I am mainly a bass player who sometimes picks up one of his Sopran Ukuleles so this concert Ukulele does not get the attention that it deserves.

Body is made from 5A KOA with curly Koa binding

Fretboard is made from ebony and is just 3mm thick

Tuners are Gotoh upts

Weight is around 450 Gramm

Vintage bracing

Condition ist very good ... almost new

Comes with a Premium Koaloha Case

Price: 1.300 Eur + shipping to wherever you are located

Payment by bank transfer or PayPal (Family and Friends)

Price new was 1830 Eur without the case + 120 Eur for the case + additional 350 Eur Custom fees and import taxes so I call this a bargain.

Thanks
Daniel

Attachments

• PXL_20230912_153317639.jpg
    PXL_20230912_153317639.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 197
  • PXL_20230912_153258544.jpg
    PXL_20230912_153258544.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 204
More pictures

Attachments

• PXL_20230526_144923059.jpg
    PXL_20230526_144923059.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 204
  • PXL_20230526_144949168.jpg
    PXL_20230526_144949168.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 174
  • y9qpal3fg9u9sxbtbgmj.jpg
    y9qpal3fg9u9sxbtbgmj.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 153
  • kwnrpfdpuyddcc3vttlz.jpg
    kwnrpfdpuyddcc3vttlz.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 156
  • vi50w42ewv4nsabla8yy.jpg
    vi50w42ewv4nsabla8yy.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 158
  • tlgmlr6ttbbs2n6v2lac.jpg
    tlgmlr6ttbbs2n6v2lac.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 168
That’s a stunning ukulele, @Ukador, and as a concert player I can only drool!

Can you complete your sale listing by adding the necessary ID photo as proof of ownership? Write your UU name plus the date plus “UU” on a piece of paper, slide it under the strings, and take a photo, then add it to your pictures. This assures potential buyers that you really own the uke and didn’t photoshop pix from the internet. This is a UU requirement, since many UU members over the years (including very recently) have been scammed.

Also, I suggest you use PayPal goods & services (see recent threads about the dangers of uninsured transactions). You can add the G&S fees to the buyer’s cost.

Again, that’s a gorgeous instrument! Good luck with the sale.

Sure, here we go

Concerning the payment method. I will not accept PayPal (Goods and Services) because that is scammer heaven for buyers.

So again bank transfer, PayPal (Family & Friends) or you can also pick it up in Munich or Memmingen

If you Look it up you should find past transactions of me and some of my former Ukuleles.

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_090343594.jpg
    PXL_20240120_090343594.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Concerning the payment method. I will not accept PayPal (Goods and Services) because that is scammer heaven for buyers.

So again bank transfer, PayPal (Family & Friends) or you can also pick it up in Munich or Memmingen
My understanding is the opposite. G&S offers protections to both the buyer and seller, and thus is avoided by scammers. F&F offers no protections and is scammer friendly and used by them.

My understanding is the opposite. G&S offers protections to both the buyer and seller, and thus is avoided by scammers. F&F offers no protections and is scammer friendly and used by them.
Well, then go ahead and find a Uke that you can buy by using PayPal (G&S). This thread is not a discussion thread about payment methods.

Well, then go ahead and find a Uke that you can buy by using PayPal (G&S). This thread is not a discussion thread about payment methods.
Well, YOU brought this up in this thread and I was responding to your statement. This is a red flag to me when a seller does NOT accept G&S and says to use F&F.

On ukuleles that I have purchased here and elsewhere, I have insisted on G&S and continue to look for such. Your listing did interest me but not anymore.

Patty brought this topic up, not me. Get your facts right.

I might accept PayPal (G&S) with renownend UU members.

Patty brought this topic up, not me. Get your facts right.

I might accept PayPal (G&S) with renownend UU members.
My facts are correct. You first brought it up in your original post as a payment option. That then generates responses that are forum consistent that G&S is safer for the buyer and that F&F are used by scammers as this removes all protections for the buyer.

"Get your facts right" goes both ways and your responses have been somewhat hostile as a seller.

It's a sellers right to name their terms. Buyers can decide if they are interested in those terms. That said, I have to agree with the majority here that payments using F&F leave the buyer totally unprotected as do the other options offered by the seller. But again the seller gets to pick it. Good luck with your sale, no need to be unkind.

I imagine payment services have a whole different dynamic in Europe and other countries, (and continents), than here in the US.

Good luck with the sale of your beautiful concert. Love the flame figuring in the Koa. I've never heard of the brand but I love the "Japanese" sound in ukuleles.

Yes, I am usually hostile towards people that are annoying. PayPal F&F, Cash, bank transfer. Thats it. If you dont like that then move on and buy your Tkitki somewhere else ❤️
Have you ever considered a career in customer services?

I imagine payment services have a whole different dynamic in Europe
Not really. Short of in-person pickup (and maybe someone will be able to get to Germany to collect Ukador’s beautiful Tkitki) Paypal G&S is most people’s preferred method of payment, at least in this chilly little corner of Europe. I certainly wouldn’t be paying F&F or sending a bank transfer unless I knew the seller very well. Obviously there have been some buying scams where people said that goods hadn’t arrived and claimed their money back from PayPal, perhaps that’s what concerns the OP, but tracked shipping makes it pretty difficult to get away with that.

Either way, GLWS, it’s a lovely uke.

I have a soprano Tkitki HK-S5A, so more or less the soprano version of this (minus the tiki headstock inlay and the abalone rosette) and it is a fabulous instrument in looks and sound. Crystal clear sound, loud, incredible intonation, perfect fit and finish.

Highly recommended. If you wanted this level of build from one of the four K's, you'd be paying triple the price. GLWTS.

Last edited:
This thread is totally unfair to the seller (and sorry for continuing the non-sales talk). I don't use paypal except for friends and family for reasons related to my coaching practice--some people pay me via paypal. I pay taxes on that, but having the sale of a uke as part of those mean that I am paying taxes on the sale of a uke (yes, this has been vetted through my CPA), which I am sure few or none of you are doing. There are many ways to verify a buyer and who they are. A bit of community protection and looking out for others is great, but I think a couple of you have stepped over the line.

Such a pretty uke! What is the nut width on this uke? Can you please post a video of you playing the uke so we can hear sound quality? Also do you have any photos of this uke without the White Guitars logo stamped in the corner?
Hey, I will try to record something tomorrow

I will also let you know about the nut width

Concerning the pictures ... I already posted some without the White Guitars (thats where I bought it from) logo. But ok, I will add more tomorrow ;)

Top Bottom