Things that drive me nuts

Voran

Reaction score
When I'm playing freaking ULTRABULLET and someone offers a draw.

I have 15 seconds to think and you're pulling that crap?

If you do this I will come to your workplace and take a dump in the air conditioning

I'm a regular gym goer. People sitting on a machine dicking around on their phones. A young woman sat down on a machine next to where I was working out a few days ago. She adjusted the seat, set the weight, sat down and you guessed it. She spent about 5 minutes on her phone before she actually used the machine.
I work out at a Planet Fitness. The only reason I go there is it's very close to where I live. I sometimes get emails from them with a survey about what they can do to improve the place. At the end of the survey there's a section for posting an opinion etc. I left a very profanity laced remark about phone use. They called me wanting to talk about it. I said, unless you are going to do something about it, don't bother me. I hung up on the caller. Being retired, I try to go when it's not very crowded to avoid the worst offenders.
I'm always amazed at how much time people waste either talking or texting. I heard one guy who is in his mid 60's bragging about how good he looks for his age because he works out so hard. I've seen this guy sit on a machine for 45 minutes talking and never once using the machine. I know almost everyone's business and I never open my mouth.

When I see people using "awhile" when they mean "a while." You can't say "for awhile" because "awhile" means "for a while" and you can't say "after awhile" because you'd really be saying "after for a while." Come on people. You can say "I've been gone awhile" but not "I've been gone for awhile." Some very smart people make this mistake, so if you've done it here, don't think I'm making fun of you or trolling you. I'm just sharing something that drives me nuts.
But that's not the only thing that drives me nuts...

i apologize in advance, but i must...

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship helm attached to his crotch.
The bartender says, "what's with steering wheel sticking out of your pants?"
The pirate replied, "Arrghh... it's drivin' me nuts."

nyuk nyuk. 🐑🥁🐍

Other thing that drives me nuts: the inane talking point that tattoos and piercings are actually mainstream and that people are braver or more individual for not having them.

When I was a teenager and I got lip and nose rings I got a ton of pushback and outrage over them. Complete strangers felt entitled to pontificate about how damaged I was and if only I wasn't psychologically broken I wouldn't have metal in my face and how I'd totally change my mind and take them out.

There is no such pushback for not having them. I doubt anyone has ever been told there's something wrong with them for not having a nose ring and that not having a nose ring is just some childish attempt to shock people.

Other thing that drives me nuts: the inane talking point that tattoos and piercings are actually mainstream and that people are braver or more individual for not having them.

When I was a teenager and I got lip and nose rings I got a ton of pushback and outrage over them. Complete strangers felt entitled to pontificate about how damaged I was and if only I wasn't psychologically broken I wouldn't have metal in my face and how I'd totally change my mind and take them out.

There is no such pushback for not having them. I doubt anyone has ever been told there's something wrong with them for not having a nose ring and that not having a nose ring is just some childish attempt to shock people.
I got three when I was a young man. They're not too big or outrageous. That said, I kind of think now at 68 that they look foolish. Removal is fairly pricey but I'm considering having 2 removed. The third one is not visible to anyone except my wife.
I have a dermatologist appt. very soon for annual checkup after a bout of melanoma some years back. I am going to ask about possibly removing the first 2.

I got three when I was a young man. They're not too big or outrageous. That said, I kind of think now at 68 that they look foolish. Removal is fairly pricey but I'm considering having 2 removed. The third one is not visible to anyone except my wife.
I have a dermatologist appt. very soon for annual checkup after a bout of melanoma some years back. I am going to ask about possibly removing the first 2.
Foolish...or tribal? Like a grizzled old warrior? :D

People sitting on a machine dicking around on their phones.
AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!! THIS DRIVES ME MENTAL!!!!!! Just get off the stupid machine if you don't want to actually use it. Oh and there was a lady today who spent 5 minutes (ok perhaps I exaggerate slightly) wiping the machine down before she spent maybe 1 minute using the machine, then another 5 minutes wiping it down (yes, we were waiting on that machine - my daughter & I go together and tag team).

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!! THIS DRIVES ME MENTAL!!!!!! Just get off the stupid machine if you don't want to actually use it. Oh and there was a lady today who spent 5 minutes (ok perhaps I exaggerate slightly) wiping the machine down before she spent maybe 1 minute using the machine, then another 5 minutes wiping it down (yes, we were waiting on that machine - my daughter & I go together and tag team).
To be fair some strength routines require long breaks inbetween lifting but that's why I prefer to lift at home. I don't want to bother people by doing one set and then just taking off and whiling away 4-5 minutes.

To be fair some strength routines require long breaks inbetween lifting but that's why I prefer to lift at home. I don't want to bother people by doing one set and then just taking off and whiling away 4-5 minutes.
The majority of people in a Planet Fitness are not hardcore. There's one guy who apparently does circuits. Problem is he stops and talks between machines. I hop on a shoulder press one day. He's on the other side of the building yakking away. Sees me and runs over, hey, I was going to use that. Pointed out he was 60-70 feet away when I got on the machine. Yeah, but I was doing circuits. Well, I'm on it now. He mumbles under his breath and walks away. A few weeks later I guess he was doing circuits again and I hopped on a chest press. He stood in front of me, tapping his foot with his arms folded. I do 4-5 sets on each machine and move pretty fast, but I had just started. When he realized I wasn't moving, he sighed out loud and left. I guess I missed the memo that I'm supposed to check with him before hopping on an empty machine.

The majority of people in a Planet Fitness are not hardcore. There's one guy who apparently does circuits. Problem is he stops and talks between machines. I hop on a shoulder press one day. He's on the other side of the building yakking away. Sees me and runs over, hey, I was going to use that. Pointed out he was 60-70 feet away when I got on the machine. Yeah, but I was doing circuits. Well, I'm on it now. He mumbles under his breath and walks away. A few weeks later I guess he was doing circuits again and I hopped on a chest press. He stood in front of me, tapping his foot with his arms folded. I do 4-5 sets on each machine and move pretty fast, but I had just started. When he realized I wasn't moving, he sighed out loud and left. I guess I missed the memo that I'm supposed to check with him before hopping on an empty machine.
There was this guy in my old gym who was always treating it like his own personal home gym. Last time I was in there at the same time as him, he was on a bench by the dumbbells with two different sets pulled off and sitting next to him. Okay, maybe he's doing supersets; annoying that he's got the only set of 35s which I need, but I can do something else until he finishes. Then he gets up, leaves the dumbbells all next to the bench while he goes over to a squat rack and starts mucking about with the barbell. This guy ended up doing some kind of four-exercise super-superset, leaving his stuff all over both benches/racks he was using and running back when someone tried to grab one of the sets of dumbbells off the floor. He also sat around for absurdly long lengths of time between sets.

I think the popular term people are using for that now is "main character syndrome." I just call it rude. You want to use equipment all over the gym at the same time, maybe go when less people are there, or don't throw a fit when someone wants to work in with you.

There was this guy in my old gym who was always treating it like his own personal home gym. Last time I was in there at the same time as him, he was on a bench by the dumbbells with two different sets pulled off and sitting next to him. Okay, maybe he's doing supersets; annoying that he's got the only set of 35s which I need, but I can do something else until he finishes. Then he gets up, leaves the dumbbells all next to the bench while he goes over to a squat rack and starts mucking about with the barbell. This guy ended up doing some kind of four-exercise super-superset, leaving his stuff all over both benches/racks he was using and running back when someone tried to grab one of the sets of dumbbells off the floor. He also sat around for absurdly long lengths of time between sets.

I think the popular term people are using for that now is "main character syndrome." I just call it rude. You want to use equipment all over the gym at the same time, maybe go when less people are there, or don't throw a fit when someone wants to work in with you.

All gyms have a few people like that. One guy who supersets is always leaving his phone and water bottle sitting on a nearby machine instead of keeping it with him. IHe won't put his stuff on the floor. I've hopped on a machine more than once that he's left his stuff on. Waiting for the day his phone falls and breaks. He also drops F Bombs constantly. Once I was near him and in the course of about 90 seconds, I counted 17. One day I was in the locker room using the bathroom and he comes in with his towel, soap and shampoo. Stores them in a shower stall and goes back out and hops on a bike. He drives a Mercedes and tries to park where no other cars are. I have to admit that sometimes I'll park right next to him just to annoy him.

Yeah this is why I either talk to people and figure a way to take turns or just lift at home. Preferably lift at home. You can blast death metal music and pick your nose if you want to :D

Haven't gotten over a gym trying to throw me out of the only weight room so that two men could use it.

It was a woman being sexist not the men too. They were perfectly respectful and said they didn't mind waiting their turn. I had paid good money and signed both logs and she still wanted to throw me out. I put in a complaint and got an apology but it does haunt me their attitude that I didn't matter.

Yeah this is why I either talk to people and figure a way to take turns or just lift at home. Preferably lift at home. You can blast death metal music and pick your nose if you want to :D

Haven't gotten over a gym trying to throw me out of the only weight room so that two men could use it.

It was a woman being sexist not the men too. They were perfectly respectful and said they didn't mind waiting their turn. I had paid good money and signed both logs and she still wanted to throw me out. I put in a complaint and got an apology but it does haunt me their attitude that I didn't matter.
I work out at home when I get tired of the gym. Bought a Bowflex in 2003 when I was teaching school. I took a transfer to the latest school in town, and it was pretty far from the gym I worked out at. It was my main workout for 13 years along with running. It came in handy during the Covid lockdown.

I work out at home when I get tired of the gym. Bought a Bowflex in 2003 when I was teaching school. I took a transfer to the latest school in town, and it was pretty far from the gym I worked out at. It was my main workout for 13 years along with running. It came in handy during the Covid lockdown.
I have my own olympic barbell I've just resumed using so no real need for a gym. Didn't lift for a while because an inner ear infection caused me to be very vertigo prone but I'm fine now.

Minor first world problem but: trying to get clothes for my character in Achaea and everything is sexy this or sexy that.

I am a winged mutant who gets into fights; leave sex and pleasing men OUT of it already.

NVM managed to get a virtual brown dress and leather jacket. Forgot that lil shop was handily placed in the center of Cyrene.

Still annoys me to see an endless list of panties this and panties that. Who the heck needs lingerie while hunting and getting into fights with giant worms who want to eat you?

Apparently you're not the only one who finds this annoying:

(for those of you whom are somewhat easily offended, skip this one)

This one has a compilation of a bunch of them (including the one above):

Top Bottom