The Ukies! Vote now!

In addition to much-deserved wins from our members @bazmaz and @4stringboy, I wanted to give shout-outs to friend of the forum Matt Stead (whom I learned about from this forum)....and if you go to the 51 minute mark in the video above, you'll see that the WINNER of Best Ukulele Podcast is our own Ukulele Underground Podcast!!!!

I'm thrilled for UU co-founders Aldrine Guerrero and Aaron Nakamura (@anaka) as well as Kahai "The Legend" Furugen who've done a marvelous job with this podcast for a very, very long time. It's a huge part of my Monday, and indeed my week since I sometimes watch and rewatch over a few days, and if you tune in to next week's livestream on Monday at 1pm HST, I know that they'll still be talking about it, as they were on today's Aloha Friday Live Jam.

Don't forget that if keeping up with YouTube seems like a pain, which it definitely is :ROFLMAO: , you can catch replays of the podcasts, jams, and playalong here in the Ukulele Underground Videos forum. I hope to get a lot more people watching these in 2024, because no kidding, it's a hilariously informative podcast that you'll definitely dig.

I should note that Barry, 4stringboy, AND Matt Stead all got my votes, as did the UU podcast. Congratulations to you all, and you're welcome! :ROFLMAO:

And hey, I should also mention that I'd not come across Anarchy in the Ukulele until they brought on our friend Sammy (@4stringboy), and I really enjoyed their own podcast, to which I've since subscribed. A lot of fun, and even if you don't know all the folks they're talking about here, this was a highly entertaining awards show, with a lot of great new stuff for you to explore!

In addition to much-deserved wins from our members @bazmaz and @4stringboy, I wanted to give shout-outs to friend of the forum Matt Stead (whom I learned about from this forum)....and if you go to the 51 minute mark in the video above, you'll see that the WINNER of Best Ukulele Podcast is our own Ukulele Underground Podcast!!!!

I'm thrilled for UU co-founders Aldrine Guerrero and Aaron Nakamura (@anaka) as well as Kahai "The Legend" Furugen who've done a marvelous job with this podcast for a very, very long time. It's a huge part of my Monday, and indeed my week since I sometimes watch and rewatch over a few days, and if you tune in to next week's livestream on Monday at 1pm HST, I know that they'll still be talking about it, as they were on today's Aloha Friday Live Jam.

Don't forget that if keeping up with YouTube seems like a pain, which it definitely is :ROFLMAO: , you can catch replays of the podcasts, jams, and playalong here in the Ukulele Underground Videos forum. I hope to get a lot more people watching these in 2024, because no kidding, it's a hilariously informative podcast that you'll definitely dig.

I should note that Barry, 4stringboy, AND Matt Stead all got my votes, as did the UU podcast. Congratulations to you all, and you're welcome! :ROFLMAO:

And hey, I should also mention that I'd not come across Anarchy in the Ukulele until they brought on our friend Sammy (@4stringboy), and I really enjoyed their own podcast, to which I've since subscribed. A lot of fun, and even if you don't know all the folks they're talking about here, this was a highly entertaining awards show, with a lot of great new stuff for you to explore!
I too was so pleased to see Matt Stead do so well - he's such a nice guy

I too was so pleased to see Matt Stead do so well - he's such a nice guy

One the highlights of my 2023 was getting to know him! I'm so happy that people here in the UU forums pointed me to him! He's really made my life a nicer thing, even apart from helping me play better, which he certainly has. A lovely fellow indeed!

As are you, @bazmaz! My week wouldn't be the same without your smiles and your generosity of spirit. I feel better about life when I read your site's posts and watch your videos.

I'll add Sammy to the list of course, and my adoration and admiration for Aldrine, Aaron, and Kahai has everything to do with why I'm here at all

It's my favorite thing about the ukulele community as a whole that there are so many lovely people in it, and I think that Anarchy in the Ukulele came up with some absolutely delightful people to give awards to. I couldn't be happier with the results, not when the four people and projects I cared most about voting for all won!

Last edited:

Thank you Tim! It really was a very well put together show, and it was a lovely celebration of this community :)

The parodies of myself, Baz, Alex (from SUS) and Rachel killed me 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6615.png
    IMG_6615.png
    283.9 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom