The Times They Are A-Changin' - or are they?

A friend of mine believes that as people age they tend to become caricatures of themselves. I think this means that our quirks become more pronounced. My friend, for example, has always been claustrophobic but seems to be more claustrophobic as she's gotten older. I think aging does some interesting things. If we've lived our lives with any degree of competence, we've gathered more experiences, some of which may scar us and others of which may embolden us. I think there's a "which came first, the chicken or the egg?" question about whether our experiences shape our expectations or our expectations shape our experiences.

A friend of mine believes that as people age they tend to become caricatures of themselves. I think this means that our quirks become more pronounced..

Absolutely true. The depressed get more depressed. The angry get more pissed off at everything. The happy, well, they get more pissed, too. Lol. But I certainly agree with the concept.

I've always disliked large gatherings of people, particularly when it's all chit-chat and small talk.

I now absolutely loathe those situations, almost as intensely as I do uncooked pork and camel rides.

Top Bottom