Swinging the Alphabet (the Three Stooges)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

If you enjoyed watching the Three Stooges as a kid like I did, you might remember this cute little song. I tried teaching it to my granddaughter Lulu a couple years ago as we were riding around in a car in Hawaii, and she learned it quickly and still remembers it. We're both on vacation from school now, so we decided to make a YouTube video featuring the song. Hope you like our collab!
[F] B - A - bay, B - E - bee
[C7] B - I - bicky-bye, B - O - bo
Bicky- [F] bye-bo B - U - [C7] bu
Bicky-bye-bo- [F] bu

[F] C - A - say, C - E - see
[C7] C - I - sicky-sye, C - O - so
Sicky- [F] sye-so C - U - [C7] sue
Sicky-sye-so- [F] sue

[F] D - A - day, D - E - dee
[C7] D - I - dicky-dye, D - O - do
Dicky- [F] dye-doe D - U - [C7] doo
Dicky-dye-doe- [F] doo

[F] F - A - fay, F - E - fee
[C7] F - I - ficky-fye, F - O - foe
Ficky- [F] fye-foe F - U - [C7] foo
Ficky-fye-foe- [F] foo

[F] G - A - jay, G - E - jee
[C7] G - I - jicky-jye, G - O - joe
jicky- [F] jye-joe G - U - [C7] joo
Jicky-jye-joe- [F] joo

[F] H - A - hay, H - E - he
[C7] H - I - hickey-hi, H - O - ho
Hickey- [F] hi-ho H - U - [C7] hoo
Hicky-hi-ho- [F] hoo

Actually, the "H" stanza is a bit different and the key changes in the Three Stooges' version. I'll let you figure that part out! :)

That was fantastic, and your granddaughter is wonderful. Such a beautiful and talented girl. I remember this from the Stooges and it is one of my favorite scenes of theirs. Hopefully you can teach Lulu to play uke. Grandpa's a dope!

That was fantastic, and your granddaughter is wonderful. Such a beautiful and talented girl. I remember this from the Stooges and it is one of my favorite scenes of theirs. Hopefully you can teach Lulu to play uke. Grandpa's a dope!
Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate it! There was a time when she was four and seemed to be interested in learning to play, but she really got into tennis. She prefers to noodle on the piano, but that's all good! :)

Adorable. :)

Top Bottom