Suggestion for an app to record video?

JEngle1122

Reaction score
I know I can record video with the stock camera app in my phone, but I'd like something simple that can make video which is smaller in size (compressed, or lower res?) and the stock app doesn't really have settings like that.

Also, I tried recording video, and uploading the video to gDrive, and then sharing the video from there, but I don't care for that solution (that's a pain in the neck to me!)

Basically I'd like something basic for quick, rough recordings, small in size to text or email, just for personal use.

Thanks!
Jessica

I know I can record video with the stock camera app in my phone, but I'd like something simple that can make video which is smaller in size (compressed, or lower res?) and the stock app doesn't really have settings like that.

Also, I tried recording video, and uploading the video to gDrive, and then sharing the video from there, but I don't care for that solution (that's a pain in the neck to me!)

Basically I'd like something basic for quick, rough recordings, small in size to text or email, just for personal use.

Thanks!
Jessica
I can't speak about compression, but Dolby On is a nice app that makes my recordings a little richer sounding.

What phone do you use? The iPhone Movie app has lower res settings, 720p. There are apps that will do 480, which would be as low as I would suggest.

iMovie might do it. LumaFusion is my favorite iOS editor and will definitely do it

I have an android phone, it's nothing special. I'm only making the videos for private use to send to a couple of friends, so it doesn't matter if the quality is high, just the ease of sending (i.e. file size I think).

Perhaps the brand of Android phone can make a difference, since some phone brands have their own camera app rather than the Android standard app, if there is one.
I have an Android phone fra Sony. This one uses an app called Photography Pro.
If I put the camera in video mode and press the "menu" button, I get to choose video resolution. My phone has the options HD, full HD and 4k.
I guess they call 720p HD. I consider that an appropriate size for YouTube etc.

If your default camera app can have their settings adjusted to smaller file size, that is probably easier than adding an extra app.

Filmic Pro V7
Available for both iOS and android. It’s really really adjustable, selectable, choose a bowl, customize – able!
I use the iOS version on everything from an old iPod to a curtain version of the iPad and iPhones. I’ve never use the android version, but I’ve read the reviews and there’s equal praises from that side of Tech.

I strongly recommend going to the developers website and reading all the depth in detail to make sure it’s going to meet what you’re looking for.

Top Bottom