String Jumping/ Nut Angle

After several in's and out's of the nut I have gotten pretty good at loosening and tightening the strings :)

Between the hubby and I (mostly him) we have the nut so it sits nicely by sanding the bottom after we adjusted the string slots to proper depth.

The credit card will stop at the 3rd fret wire. It's not a perfect stop on all the strings due to me not paying attention when I first sanded the nut which caused problems for the "G" string that would become too low if we took more off the nut.

I am not going to glue the nut just yet. I may decide that I want to start over with a new nut. If I glue now I won't have that option so easily available.
If you go too low, you can still raise an individual string with paper or CA glue and bicarbonate of soda (until you decide to cut a new nut)! You guys are totally figuring out half of a setup, that's so great.

Stew Mac offered to send me a new one for free and it's not even their fault (and I told them so)! Not many companies do that in my experience. :)

Top Bottom