Strap Recommendations

K-ukulele

Reaction score
Does anybody have recommendations for buying a strap for an Enya Acoustic Electric Tenor. I purchased a cloud music strap for it off of Amazon but the holes in the strap do not fit the input jack/button or the strap button that came with the ukulele. No doubt I could cut the strap to increase the size of the hole but seems like there should be a solution that works out of the box. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you.

Does anybody have recommendations for buying a strap for an Enya Acoustic Electric Tenor. I purchased a cloud music strap for it off of Amazon but the holes in the strap do not fit the input jack/button or the strap button that came with the ukulele. No doubt I could cut the strap to increase the size of the hole but seems like there should be a solution that works out of the box. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thank you.
I have a couple of Enya ukes that came with straps. However I won't use them and will likely remove the big and heavy buttons. Did yours not have a strap included?

Welcome to UUF, K-ukulele! I’ll start with the disclaimer that I’m a huge penny- pincher. Thus, I use a loop-ended bootlace as a strap. I went with dark brown which makes the strap all but invisible. If you otherwise like the strap you ordered from Big River, I can think of no reason not to enlarge the hole to fit your Enya’s strap button.

I have a couple of Enya ukes that came with straps. However I won't use them and will likely remove the big and heavy buttons. Did yours not have a strap included?
No. I ordered this from Aloha City EUT-MAD. I'm very happy with it but I might have paid too much for it. I saw a better deal straight from Enya two days after it arrived in the mail. Would have saved $70, if I had done that. It is a beautiful Ukulele - nonetheless. But no strap came with it. Also wish it came with more instructions about using it plugged in. I purchased an Orange Crush Mini to use with it but having to empirically figure out how to work with the controls on the pickup versus the controls on the amp.

The Uke Leash can be ordered with large holes

I just punched a slightly larger hole for the one strap end than I needed to do that to. It helped that I had the leather punch in my bag of tools. I would wager that not all straps are cut for the pickup jack end but rather for a just a common strap button. The other end of my strap did not need enlargement. If you don't have the tools, ask around your circle of friends, take the strap to a shoe repair store, or a leather store like Tandy, return the strap and seek out strap that fits a jack end.

I just punched a slightly larger hole for the one strap end than I needed to do that to. It helped that I had the leather punch in my bag of tools. I would wager that not all straps are cut for the pickup jack end but rather for a just a common strap button. The other end of my strap did not need enlargement. If you don't have the tools, ask around your circle of friends, take the strap to a shoe repair store, or a leather store like Tandy, return the strap and seek out strap that fits a jack end.
Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing the side of the barn: like if the port unscrewed or something and you just re-screwed it in with the strap. I will just do as you advise.

Check out the Strap Keeper from Tapastring. Strapkeeper

D'Addario makes the plastic Acoustic Cinch Fit. Acoustic Cinch Fit

Music Nomad makes the Acoustic-Lok Adapter. Acoustic Lok Adapter

Each one has fans. I use the Strapkeeper on my tenors.

Thank you to everyone who replied. Here is my follow up. I ended up purchasing a Kala brand strap off of Ebay and not only does it look nice but it works right out of the box too: no trouble going/fitting over the acoustic jack port.

I like the ones from Quilts and Ukuleles on Etsy.

Last edited:
I bought several from Westcoastweave on Etsy—handmade in Vancouver. Handmade by “inkle” weaving, I believe. They’re not only beautiful, but soft on my neck and keep their shape and don’t stretch (and I think my first purchase was about 8 years ago). I chose “extra-wide ukulele straps” for my tenor, baritones and even Taylor mini guitar. Customer service is excellent too.

Attachments

• IMG_5670.jpeg
    IMG_5670.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 6
++ on the Sherrins Thread

My favourites are from this Etsy shop:

You know I realize how OCD I really am... Three Ukes, all purchased at different times and they all have the same strap along with the print..Creature of habit I suppose

Top Bottom