Soprano pickup

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a pickup in a soprano? If so, what did you use? Not sure if any special considerations, compared to a tenor. Being such a small instrument, I'd think that a good passive pickup, with external preamp might be better than some big honkin' active system with battery, controls etc.

Last edited:
Has anyone installed a pickup in a soprano? If so, what did you use? Not sure if any special considerations, compared to a tenor. Being such a small instrument, I'd think that a good passive pickup, with external preamp might be better than some big honkin' active system with battery, controls etc.
Check out IK Multimedia IRig Acoustic Stage, I use this when I need to amplify a Soprano.
Vintage

I recently talked to Barry Maz (from gotaukulele) about pickups. Pickups are only meant to be installed really for playing live on stage to project the sound. If you are recording at home, you should use a microphone on your uke. I hadn't made the connection at all until he told me. Barry is cool and knowledable. I was asking him about a pickup for doing home recordings. cheers

I use a K&K twin with a volume control wheel to control the volume between playing rhythm and lead without adjusting the volume on the preamp or amp

Top Bottom