Sopranino by David Hanson SOLD! Thank you for all the interest, and nice comments.

Tukanu

Handmade 2B Hand Played
UU VIP
Reaction score
Beautiful little sopranino. Brand new. 11" scale with D'addario Titanium strings. Tuned ADF# B.
Made with maple, sycamore, cherry, claro, koa, and rosewood! Its got it all!
This uke has a nice voice, not like a plastic toy. Nut is 1 1/2" for more finger room.DSCI0029.JPG
Comes with a sopranino soft case. $199 plus about $25 to ship.

Attachments

• DSCI0029.JPG
    DSCI0029.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCI0030.JPG
    DSCI0030.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCI0031.JPG
    DSCI0031.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCI0032.JPG
    DSCI0032.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCI0033.JPG
    DSCI0033.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCI0034.JPG
    DSCI0034.JPG
    223.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCI0035.JPG
    DSCI0035.JPG
    597.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Oh my. Very nice. To those who may not know about his work, David builds a very nice uke. I had a maple teardrop concert, and had I not realized that I only wanted to play soprano, I would not have sold it. It was perhaps the loudest uke I have played, with a very sweet sound.

If this one were a Soprano, I would be highly tempted.

Someone's going to be very happy with this purchase. I would think about it --- except David has me in the queue for a soprano (my third uke from him).

Last edited:
Beautiful little sopranino. Brand new. 11" scale with D'addario Titanium strings. Tuned ADF# B.
Made with maple, sycamore, cherry, claro, koa, and rosewood! Its got it all!
This uke has a nice voice, not like a plastic toy. Nut is 1 1/2" for more finger room.
Comes with a sopranino soft case. $199 plus about $25 to ship.
Can you tell me what tuners are on it? I haven't seen them before. Thanks!

Look like Graph Tech to me, and I know he uses them. I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, looks like Graphtechs. I know people like them, but it's hard for me to get past the looks. The sopranino is a beauty though, and if it just had some nice friction tuners, I think I'd already have taken it. That price sounds like a steal for a unique, hand-made, quality uke.

Yes, looks like Graphtechs. I know people like them, but it's hard for me to get past the looks. The sopranino is a beauty though, and if it just had some nice friction tuners, I think I'd already have taken it. That price sounds like a steal for a unique, hand-made, quality uke.
Yes, this little uke is sold. I know what you mean about the look of the graph-techs. But they are amazingly precise. They hide behind the peghead, and really aren't that noticeable. I have used them on my last 15 ukes, and there have been no complaints.

Through somewhat serendipitous circumstances, David recently built & delivered an exquisite mahogany long neck soprano to me. Really quite nice, & he is a pleasure to work with…

Top Bottom