Songs with girl's names

Did Parker ever record this with a jazz combo? I have heard it on the record he did with an orchestra (Mitch Miller?). but I always thought I'd like to hear him do it with jazz musicians.
Don't get me wrong; I love Bird in any setting, but this was not my favourite.
I posted the Sinatra version above because I thought that Loren would like a version with lyrics.
If I remember correctly the version of Laura I had was from the Bird With Strings Album, or something like that. I'll check Apple music and see wh they have.

If I remember correctly the version of Laura I had was from the Bird With Strings Album, or something like that. I'll check Apple music and see wh they have.
I checked Apple and they have a few versions of Laura by Bird. Most of them seem to be from the With Strings album. By the way, this is a fun tune to play on the use. Enjoy

Wow, this is getting hard.
How about Ave Maria?

Yes. The many Ave Marias.

Schubert, Bach/Gounod, and Piazzolla (if you count Tanti Anni Prima) are the ones I know.

But a quick search for any others turned up des Prez, Palestrina, Vavilov/Caccini, Elgar, Verdi, Mascagni, Brahms, Cherubini, Lizst, Bruckner, Rachmaninov, Stravinsky, and Skipper. My guess is that there are others.

Unless I missed it, no one has mentioned "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean," possibly because one could argue that the "Bonnie" in this song isn't necessarily named "Bonnie."

While we are on the subject of Bonnie, madrigal singers might be familiar with these two ( which I admit don't count): "My Bonnie Lass She Smileth" by John Dowland and it's modern counterpart "My Bonnie Lass She Smelleth" by P.D.Q. Bach.

Top Bottom