Some nice guitar work...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a LOT going on in life over the last year or so, so haven't had a chance to post much. I have been following and enjoying lots of your uploads though, and I hope you're all well. The responsibility (looking after a seriously ill family member 24/7) keeping me away has now (sadly) been resolved, so I'll hopefully be able to spend more time here doing what I love again.

Anyway, I thought I'd share this online collaboration I did recently with some guys in Japan; a long way from where I am in England (isn't the inter web wonderful? lol).
They had seen my YouTube rubbish and contacted me asking ME to provide the vocals, which was a nice, unexpected honour.

Although I AM only providing the vocals in this, it contains some fine guitar work by Ryo, my Japanese buddy, and the others, so I thought you might find it of interest.

Till laters my friends, Dave

Nice work, Dave. You have a terrific voice. A great heart, too. A year of caregiving for a terminally ill loved one can take a lot out of you. Music is a wonderful restorative.

Reactions: TBB
😊 Thank you Patty. I really appreciate your kind words my friend. Dave .

This is really great. Great playing and singing. Credit to all involved. Sorry to hear of your travails Dave, but music is a great friend in times of trouble. I was going to say, with the Japanese connection, this would look great on the current Seasons thread……were it not for the guitars :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TBB
This is really great. Great playing and singing. Credit to all involved. Sorry to hear of your travails Dave, but music is a great friend in times of trouble. I was going to say, with the Japanese connection, this would look great on the current Seasons thread……were it not for the guitars :ROFLMAO:
HaHa! Thanks for watching and the kind comment, but yeah…I think the guitars might be a little out of place there. 😂😂😂

Dave great job with the vocals! Ryo & his friends must have been impressed by your videos to ask for your input. Wondered how you were doing because I haven't seen your posts in a while. So sorry to hear about your family member.

My wife & I are sad because we lost one of our staffys a little over 3 weeks ago. Daisy suddenly collapsed one day & the vet said that she had Hemoangina carcinoma which was incurable. They gave her an IV & said that she might have a week more. She perked up & was back to normal for a few days until she collapsed again.

Take care,
Keith

Keith,
That’s very sad to hear my friend. Losing a beloved pet is often as painful as losing ANY family member, isn’t it, so my thoughts are with you my friend.
I hope you are otherwise all well and doing ok?
Thanks for your kind comments on this video which, as always, are appreciated. 👍🏻
Dave x

Dave,

We really appreciate your kind thoughts. Am doing well - playing pickleball this morning, jamming with a ukulele group & then a boxing class. At 70, definitely the oldest one in the class.

Our ukulele quartet played at a local community center for June 21 make music day - did you get a chance to play that day? Glad to see that you're getting back to making music again!

Regards,
Keith

Dave,

We really appreciate your kind thoughts. Am doing well - playing pickleball this morning, jamming with a ukulele group & then a boxing class. At 70, definitely the oldest one in the class.

Our ukulele quartet played at a local community center for June 21 make music day - did you get a chance to play that day? Glad to see that you're getting back to making music again!

Regards,
Keith
Wow Keith! I turn 67 years old in October, and you are certainly more active than I am!!! lol

And no my friend. I sadly made no music on 21st June - I was grandson & 'grand-dog' sitting for my daughter who had gone away on a well deserved short break for a few days. (Actually, now I'm thinking about it, I seem to spend most of my life doing things for others. Perhaps I should take my guitars & ukes and go away on a solo 6 week sabbatical where I can just do 'me things' for me. lololol)

Last edited:
Top Bottom